boring bee-carpenter bee's.

JohnK

I bought some stuff in a black can from home depot that is marked for bees and termites. There is an attached hose and it comes out as a thin foam. You push it hard against the holes and put some foam in them. It killed all the bees over the next couple of days. I didn't know so many bees were out there till they started showing up dead on the patio. I haven't seen a carpenter bee in weeks.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Once they bore a hole in the wood.spray some WD40 into it. It will kill next years larvae.

Jack Ryan

I bought some stuff in a black can from home depot that is marked for bees and termites. There is an attached hose and it comes out as a thin foam. You push it hard against the holes and put some foam in them. It killed all the bees over the next couple of days. I didn't know so many bees were out there till they started showing up dead on the patio. I haven't seen a carpenter bee in weeks.

If you just have a hand full of hole you can use Sevin dust and a turkey baster. Those bees are lazy and will use each others hole and use the same holes over and over. Late comers will check out the old hole and die quick enough.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
I found out the other day also that the female can sting you. Annoying little critters.

black heads can, white heads don't . we catch white heads and they'll buzz up a storm in your hand.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
We have several of these and yes, put a dead one in there for "bait". They just don't work well when they are boring holes on the bottom part of a porch railing. :banginghe

i bought 2 of those at a feed store and hung them up. They're half full now and havent seen a bee in a few days. also catches those weird bee looking wasps and the black ones that pack up (but don't bite) and swarm the house at times.

BDD

I found out the other day a weed eater is effective and a lot of fun too.
I was weed eating and one got in my face, held up the weed eater and he actually challenged it.
He lost, then I went on to wipe out about 20 more. I probably looked a little crazy from a distance
Swinging a weed eater through the air and all.

Latest posts