Last week on Lanier pics/vid

Scout'nStripers

I didn't fish last week much as I had a lot of work in the shop and I'm nursing 3 hernias with minimal fishing till I get the surgery done next month. I did go out on Friday with a friend fishing the BFL just to take a look at some back-up stuff. We mainly chunked topwater lures and spybaits with 3 doubles coming off a big saltwater spook and my popper. Points and humps were the key to getting the big ones. I fished the BFL on Saturday and as soon as I turned my Lowrance on it locked up on the Warning screen and the touch screen wouldn't work. We didn't have my Lowrance HDS12 unit all day and had to deal with that. It was very windy on Saturday but we were able to run down to the south end. It was brutal running from Bald Ridge back to Laurel in the wind but my co-angler managed 5 small keepers on the shakey head. I, on the other hand got stuck on stupid and continued with my game plan till the dying end with just short fish to show for it.
Once this storm passes and everything settles we'll get back to a great fall topwater bite.

I'd also like to thank the Lanier Striper Club for hosting myself and Lisa last week for my striper presentation. Lisa and I had a great time with a great bunch of folks in the club. I'll tell you guys, if you are looking to learn more about striper fishing, the Lanier Striper Club is the best tool you can use to shorten the learning curve. The meetings are once a month with a great sit down dinner, awesome guest speakers and I'd guess 50-75 members per meeting.
Here's my most recent video as well as a pic my buddy Jeff sent me on Tuesday night right before the storm hit of a big bass double on the popper. Also a pic of one of 3 big fish doubles we had on Friday on topwater.

Attachments

• double.jpg
    double.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 389
  • bass.jpg
    bass.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 388
  • club.jpg
    club.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 388
Last edited:

Lanier Jim