Lanier - Good but not Great!

Lanier Jim

Out yesterday with Chris in his awesome Bass Cat to tweak his Helix 10's and fish some. The morning started off great boating fish on topwater and spybaits. Chris even got a bonus Striper on his topwater.

We pulled up on one place...the wind had picked up some...so he put the underspin to work. As I sat down retying my bait, he went on a flurry and boated 4-5 fish quick...all good fish with one being a solid 4# - 4.5# that pulled off right at the boat.

As the day went on,,,it started getting slower and slower....a ton of window shoppers on the drop shot and we both had a ton of hits on the underspin and spybait that never took the bait...just slapping at it I assume. We did see Jimbo boat a nice fish on topwater....he was sitting near us fishing. Nice fish dude!

Around 1pm, the bite just died for us...we kept fishing a couple more hours but it was tough. Still, we ended up with 14-15 fish with most coming before noon...all good solid keepers. I was a little bothered though...we were on some huge schools...just would catch one and then it would die...one and done.

Great to meet Chris...he grew up down here but now lives and works in Indiana....long drive to go fishing. I really appreciate the business Chirs....lots of laughs and trash talking :) LJ

Attachments

• IMG_20170913_085823675.jpg
    IMG_20170913_085823675.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 273
  • IMG_20170913_090944010.jpg
    IMG_20170913_090944010.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 274

Scout'nStripers

Looking LJ. Nice trip. 14-15 ain't bad. We gotta get out soon.