Sometimes it can be quite simple

olcaptain

It isn’t always difficult to catch a mess of fish on Crooked Creek. In fact, sometimes it can be quite simple.

I have a Honey Hole about 200 yards up the creek that I fish on a regular basis. To avoid the sun, I tie up on one side in the mornings and then in the afternoons I tie up on the other side. But I basically throw to the same area from either side.

Many afternoons I sit and talk to Max. We talk about our blessings and on occasion we are interrupted by a Channel Cat or a Bream. Quite often our time is spent in simple reflection.

gPAA3Zd.jpg

vhUQEAF.jpg

ojj5Aqx.jpg

But this afternoon was different. Simple yes, but different. In a bit over an hour I landed a mess of Cats as well as a personal best Shellcracker!

4AAke8e.jpg

ff0eSbi.jpg

VJi1ufE.jpg

How simple was it? I thought you’d never ask…

My bait was some fresh worms that I purchased earlier this afternoon.

Mwmyrjy.jpg

My tackle consisted of one of my Grandson’s Ninja Turtle Poles beefed up with a Zebco Classic reel.

0A2UQsR.jpg

0ZqNJBQ.jpg

I fished a very small hook about 4 feet under a weighted float.

0NvcfkZ.jpg

eytNdw8.jpg

Our snacks consisted of a couple of packs of peanut Butter Crackers and some fresh, cool water.

IXpHv0O.jpg

QEM8Xlm.jpg

What a great afternoon! As I paddled home I couldn’t help but think that it isn’t always difficult to catch a mess of fish on Crooked Creek. In fact, sometimes it can be quite simple.

DZ1acAx.jpg

TCfzg9P.jpg

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like a fine day fishing, and looks like the Captain's plate will be full of goodness tonight.

Does Max like fried fish? My dachshund goes bananners over them.

olcaptain

Looks like a fine day fishing, and looks like the Captain's plate will be full of goodness tonight.

Does Max like fried fish? My dachshund goes bananners over them.

Max doesn't cull much of anything :)

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

Meriwether Mike

Nice story. The simple things are the best!

NugeForPres

Just a plain ole simple good time there. Time spent on the water with our Creator, and the blessing of the bounty that He provided for you-and Max.

joepuppy

Nice catch and good story to go along. Love the pics.