Lanier - Going Old School

Lanier Jim

Out half a day with Anthony and his 81 year old dad - Tony. Well, until he caught a fish....I had to call him Mr. Walsh :) It was a tough morning and decided to just fish the spybaits....and talk about a lot of boats on the water!
We had to cover water with so many boats out and the tough conditions....no movement on top - just dead looking water in the places I fished.

So I explained to "make a long case...count it down...nice steady retrieve" ...well, Mr. Walsh makes about a little short 25' cast and I just had to say something again... "nice cast" with a chuckle....I've spit further than that :)....anyway,...a second or two later, Mr. Walsh is reeling in a fish! He looks at me and says "I bet you won't say something else about my short cast" :) Yeah - he had some experience in trash talking.

Man - we were running and gunning....covering water....pulled up to one place and Anthony hooks up with a solid fish. We get him in and as I'm trying to get the hooks out, the fish goes a little crazy and flops back in water...didn't even get a picture. Last place of the morning..."Tony"...Mr. Walsh says "never caught a fish on the last cast"...so he makes a cast and we here "Oh yeah"....sure enough, he has a solid spot on....fights it and gets it to the boat and pulls off. I didn't see it...don't recall him catching it :)

Great father/son fun today....trash talking was serious funny. Ended up boating 7 and missing a few more...fish were just slow today for us. I'm sure someone got on them - still, I had a blast and invited Mr. Walsh back out. LJ

Attachments

• IMG_20170923_080300824.jpg
    IMG_20170923_080300824.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 630
  • IMG_20170923_130402_01.jpg
    IMG_20170923_130402_01.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 630
  • IMG_20170923_130402_02.jpg
    IMG_20170923_130402_02.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 630
  • IMG_20170923_100235943.jpg
    IMG_20170923_100235943.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 629

Coenen

Looks like a nice day on the water! Reef marker in that last pic looks sort of familiar. Y'all down South today?

littlejon

I went old school with the SH and caught 14, no size to speak of. Did land a descent LMB in 4ft of water. First one in several years from Lanier for me.

Cant remember the last time I seen so many bass boats with power poles on them like today. A lot of pretty shirts also. Every point and hump was covered today for sure. Early I was headed north and got swarmed by boats headed south. :flag:

Scout'nStripers

Looking good LJ. I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on 2 Helix 12's. Going to need an install guy.

Lanier Jim

Just let me know if you want me to install. I just did Brandt's 10's and two Helix 7's. All seem to be working great for them.

Scout'nStripers

Just let me know if you want me to install. I just did Brandt's 10's and two Helix 7's. All seem to be working great for them.
I will Jim. I've got a hds7 gen1, hds10 gen1 and a brand new still in the box hds12 touch gen3 with Insight to sell.