My post about Ol Red...

Doc_Holliday23

I got a few PM's about this so I wanted to clear the air so you guys won't really think I'm airing dirty laundry.

My post about Red was all a joke. Well, actually, some of it is true. He is an annoying leghumper, but that's whats so endearing about him.

He did not, however, get caught in some swingers' club in Canton and have to move to Albany. No swingers' club would let him in.

Also, to be totally fair, I will say that Red was in that hot tub before the football players got there and joined him, so he's not to be blamed for that, either.

chadair

I got a few PM's about this so I wanted to clear the air so you guys won't really think I'm airing dirty laundry.

My post about Red was all a joke. Well, actually, some of it is true. He is an annoying leghumper, but that's whats so endearing about him.

He did not, however, get caught in some swingers' club in Canton and have to move to Albany. No swingers' club would let him in.

Also, to be totally fair, I will say that Red was in that hot tub before the football players got there and joined him, so he's not to be blamed for that, either.

no sense in sucking up now:bounce: and it wasn't Canton, it was Midtown:hair:

Hogtown

I like your style Doc. If you ever move to North Florida I'd love to hire you to handle irate clients. They would be pacified and I would be amused - its a win-win.

MudDucker

Staff member

Well dang, I guess I can tear up this libel suit.

That's right ... Ol' Red libel to skin your head. :rofl::rofl:

Doc_Holliday23

touche. better chance of having a student arrested for terrorist related activity....gt or uga?

That question is unfairly weighted towards GT. You know as well as I do that UGA students aren't smart enough to build bombs.

In the same way, I would never ask you who has a better chance of spending a saturday night drinking PBR and artifically inseminating cows because GT doesn't have an ag school.:huh:

sleeze

Good thread , Doc....................

As for the post last night.....

That ought to learn ya not to b drankin an postin.:fine:

Grand Slam

touche. better chance of having a student arrested for terrorist related activity....gt or uga?

What was the deal on Musa Smith's father? I'm seriously asking because I thought there was something there. :shoot: Alla Alla Alla

rex upshaw

What was the deal on Musa Smith's father? I'm seriously asking because I thought there was something there. :shoot: Alla Alla Alla

although his father wasn't a student at uga, here you go-
from espnmag.com

Kelvin Smith, now 48, hasn't spoken to reporters in nearly 10 years, not since New York's Daily News dubbed his home "Camp Terror" on its front page. Things are different now. He wants to talk so he can save Musa some grief. "I want to get some things off my chest," Kelvin Smith says.

Born in Brooklyn and reared in rural New Jersey, Kelvin fell in love with nature and made his living off it. He joined the Youth Conservation Corps, majored in environmental science at a New Jersey college and took a job as one of the nation's first black federal wildlife officers. In 1980, he found Islam. "It came closest to the truth for me," he says. Five years later, he moved his family from Harrisburg to rural Perry County -- "to Redneckville," he says. Yet despite some early prejudice, the community mostly came to accept him. "We're not this isolated group of people sitting back in the woods chanting, 'Down With America.' We're a part of the community. We are an open family."

He opened up his farm on weekends, giving lessons to Boy Scout troops, hunters and law-enforcement agents in starting fires, tracking game and navigating the woods. In the early '90s, when the call came to Muslims to save their Bosnian brothers from the Balkan genocide, Smith advertised his courses in mosques in New York and New Jersey. In late 1992, a group of mostly Arab Muslims from that area -- with connections to the blind sheik, Rahman -- found their way to Smith's farm in Perry County. They returned for four weekends in January and early February.

Seven months later, according to court documents, six of those trainees and one of their leaders were arrested and later convicted on charges related to the "seditious conspiracy" of plotting to blow up the Lincoln and Holland tunnels, the U.N. and several other targets. Four of those men were arrested as they mixed explosive ingredients for bombs in a Queens, N.Y., safe house. In his guilty plea, one of the plotters, Siddig Ibrahim Siddig Ali, stated: "In late 1992-93, training was conducted at a camp near Harrisburg, Pa., for operations and assassinations in the United States and overseas."

Had he known of their anti-American plans, Smith says, "I would have personally broke them up into little pieces and put them into a body bag myself." But he says they gave him no reason for suspicion. They looked to him like a gang that couldn't shoot straight, answering the call to arms in Hush Puppies and polyester slacks. "They preferred to stay in the house and drink tea and eat cream cheese sandwiches," Smith says. "They enjoyed that. But 10 push-ups or sit-ups, or run a quarter-mile and expose them to snowy conditions and they couldn't deal."

Still, the FBI had them under surveillance, and on Feb. 18, 1993 -- eight days before the Trade Center bombing -- the Bureau contacted Smith to tell him the trainees were suspected anti-American terrorists. As Smith's indictment and other court papers show, his actions in the following 21 months landed him in prison. According to the indictment, Smith used money from the trainees to purchase ammunition and weapons, including assault rifles, used on his property. He also purchased rappelling equipment for the trainees using his federal wildlife officer discount.

When the FBI first contacted him, Smith falsely told them that all the weapons on the property were his own, and that he provided all the weapons used by the trainees. Smith ultimately admitted to disposing of four SKS assault rifles by throwing them off a bridge into the Delaware River. FBI divers made 16 dives in 34 days in the treacherous currents but never found the guns. Says David Barasch, the former U.S. attorney who prosecuted Smith's case, "It's apparent from the record that Smith began a pattern of behavior not consistent with what you'd expect from a federal law-enforcement officer."

During that first meeting, according to court papers, Smith told the agents he had no way to contact the trainees, but then used his government-issued secured phone line to alert one of them. In another interview, the indictment says, "although Smith acknowledges he was a federal law-enforcement officer, he stated he was a Muslim first and his cooperation would be based on those facts." A month after the Trade Center explosion, Smith delivered the rappelling equipment to one of the trainees in Brooklyn.

In 1999, after pleading guilty to three counts of making false statements and one of destroying evidence, Smith was sentenced to a year and a day in federal custody. He admits he did wrong. "I panicked," he says. "I made a mistake in not giving them the weapons." Yet he defends his motives, if not his actions. He points to the FBI's search of his property just as the indictments of the terror conspiracy were announced, which brought the media to his farm and generated headlines loaded with words like "compound" and "raid" and "radicals," and says he feared for his family.

"This was not long after Ruby Ridge and Waco," Smith says (citing federal raids on white separatists in 1992 and religious cultists in 1993 that led to deaths of innocent women and children). "I was afraid there would be a government shoot-out with my family there." He says the FBI wanted him to lure the trainees back to his property but couldn't guarantee his family's safety. And he feared other friends of the sheik might come after him. So he balked at cooperating and says he dumped the guns where no one could find them.

Smith's attorney, Joshua Lock, still stews over the investigation: "Make sure you understand this: Kelvin never once was accused by anyone of having anything to do with the Trade Center bombing or the conspiracy. The whole thing was about those guns, so some U.S. attorney in New York could hold one up as a prop during the [trainees'] trial."

Whatever Smith's motive, in the end his children remained safe. "I'll take the butt-whipping," he says. "I can handle it." But the government never bought the argument. "Although Smith claims he was motivated by the safety of his family, in reality it was the safety of the public that was jeopardized by his obstructive acts," the U.S. attorney's office wrote in its sentencing memorandum. "Smith's tactics succeeded in frustrating and prolonging the FBI's investigation of these dangerous individuals by several months, if not years."

Adds Barasch, "Once we knew semi-automatic weapons had been purchased by people with links to terrorism, the guns were a high priority. Our failure to find them to this day remains a concern."

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
That question is unfairly weighted towards GT. You know as well as I do that UGA students aren't smart enough to build bombs.

In the same way, I would never ask you who has a better chance of spending a saturday night drinking PBR and artifically inseminating cows because GT doesn't have an ag school.:huh:

Building a bomb and blowing yourself up with it because you think it will make God happy doesn't sound very smart to me.:bounce:

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
I'm too skeered to answer for fear of being banned:bounce:

I would make a comment about your comment but I'm afraid I would get banned too. Then somebody might start a thread discussing the unfairness of my being banned and it might mysteriously vanish. People might be told that there aint no such thread and there never was. Holy crap........I'm probably about to get banned aren't I?:hair:

kevina

Banned

Yea right, you have always been a straight shooter and I have no reason to doubt your original post. Whatever! I am not here to judge anyones lifestyle on here including LIL RED and whatever it is he is into.