Expelled after hunting...another moronic public school decision

Jasper

The wonderful government school Zero Tolerance Policy rears it's ugly head again. Is there no common sense left? What a bunch of idiotic cowards........:banginghe

January 17, 2010
Expelled After Hunting
by Gerry Bethge

From News 10 in Sacramento :

WILLOWS, CA - A 17-year-old Willows student will have the National Rifle Association behind him when he appeals his expulsion from school for having a shotgun in his pick-up truck.

Like many youngsters his age, Gary Tudesko likes to hunt. "I hunt ducks, geese, all types of waterfowl," said Tudesko.

But last October, his recreational pursuits landed him in trouble at Willows High School.

"I went hunting before school, me and my friend, and I didn't want to be late so I parked off campus at my school," Tudesko said.

Tudesko was in class when he was called to the principal's office. He soon learned why.

"They brought in a private sniffing dog and it alerted on my truck and they found the guns," Tudesko said. The weapons belonged to Tudesko and his friend.

Claiming he was a danger to himself and other students, Tudesko was suspended and eventually handed a year-long expulsion.

His mother, Susan Parisio, said, "What happened to him wasn't right," Tudesko's mother Susan Parisio said.

Parisio said it's an important distinction that her son's truck was parked on a public street. "I asked the police and the district attorney's office if he did anything wrong and they said no," Parisio said.

However, school officials disagreed. They told Parisio state law gives them "the right to search any of the student's vehicles no matter where they're parked or what they're doing during school hours," she said.

The NRA came to Tudesko's aid, saying school officials are misinterpreting the law. An NRA lawyer plans to be by Tudesko's side when he appeals his expulsion Tuesday at the Glenn County Office of Education at 10 a.m.

Tudesko said he's eager to return to Willows High and graduate on time with his class.

"I'm thinking about going into to some type of law enforcement," Tudesko said.

Nugefan

I hate to say it but it doesn't surprise my anymore .....and he parked off campus how is he in violation ???
:banginghe :banginghe :banginghe

you'd a thought they would have brought a " drug " dog in .... :huh: :huh: :huh:

The kid won. It was on the news yesterday. They are reenstating him and his record will be exponged

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
He got released from prison and they're upset?

T

Calif teen with guns near school reinstated
The Associated Press
Posted: 01/22/2010 03:13:17 PM PST
Updated: 01/22/2010 03:13:18 PM PST

SACRAMENTO, Calif.—A Northern California teenager is being allowed to return to his former high school after he was expelled for having shotguns in his pickup truck.

The Glenn County Board of Education on Friday reinstated 17-year-old Gary Tudesko, a junior at Willows High School, and ordered the expulsion removed from his record.

The board said school officials exceeded their authority when they expelled Tudesko since the guns were not on school grounds or brought to a school-sponsored event. Tudesko's truck was parked on a public street near the school when the weapons were discovered on Oct. 26.

The teen says he went hunting that morning and did not have time to bring the guns back home.

Willows High School Principal Mort Geivett says the board's decision is disappointing and not in the best interest of the county's kids.

Isn't that insubordination?

Here's a new clip which is pretty sympathetic, and adds that the school has to pay Todesko's expenses for bringing the appeal.

http://www.cbs13.com/video/?id=66921@kovr.dayport.com

Jasper

The kid won. It was on the news yesterday. They are reenstating him and his record will be exponged

Awesome news! I figured he had a chance when the NRA got involved. :banana:

Jasper

Al33

Zero tolerance makes fertile ground for abuse of authority. I have seen it with DFCAS, school boards, and just about any entity that has some kind of authority over others. I despise zero tolerance policies because it eliminates any common sense reasoning.

cardfan

Banned
These zero tolerance policies are going to come home to roost when these children become tomorrows leaders...

BBQBOSS

Banned
Zero tolerance makes fertile ground for abuse of authority. I have seen it with DFCAS, school boards, and just about any entity that has some kind of authority over others. I despise zero tolerance policies because it eliminates any common sense reasoning.

You are very correct sir. The lack of use of common sense is grossly out of control because of these bogus governmental mandates and zero tolerance policies in place. :banginghe

It's actually kind of sickening...

FX Jenkins

Here's a new clip which is pretty sympathetic, and adds that the school has to pay Todesko's expenses for bringing the appeal.

http://www.cbs13.com/video/?id=66921@kovr.dayport.com

GOOD!!!! I would consider filing a defamation lawsuit against the principal as well....his last comments are slanderous at the least...

but that reporter did his best flame the event....a "STUNNING" reversal... the reporter even said the student drove back to school.....and that they should have expelled him on the Gun issue...screwed up the report if you ask me....

actually found two reports...one is more sympathetic than the other....still has that crew cut clown saying " this sets a dangerous precedent, we think he'll continue to bring guns to school" Hes not bringing them TO SCHOOL if he's parking off campus....people are stupid....

Last edited:

Lightninrod

Bet it would have never happened if he was a muslim... Can't have racial profiling don't ya know?

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
School District Nazi's at their finest. This case is going to outrage the anti-gun / anti-hunting crowd because I have a sneaking suspicion that this one will be overturned in a big way. It would be fitting if a counter suit for violation of civil rights were filed against the school district after this action is overturned. It would make schools temper their zero tolerance policies, as they should have been doing all along. In other words, it would impart the use of the long lost art of Common Sense.

Caribou Lou

Banned
Glad he won and everything but it got me thinking. My high school started at 7:25 and had to leave the house by 7 or so to get there on time with all the kids on the road. Not much time to go hunting before school starts, seems a little fishy?

nhancedsvt

Banned
Glad he won and everything but it got me thinking. My high school started at 7:25 and had to leave the house by 7 or so to get there on time with all the kids on the road. Not much time to go hunting before school starts, seems a little fishy?

My school started at 8:15...:crazy:

BRANCHWYNN

COULD THEY SEARCH THE TRUCK AT MY HOUSE if he would have parked it there?? LIBERAL WIERDOS!!!

jkoch

Gone But Not Forgotten

It' California, nobody starts school before 8:30,:whip:Plenty of time to kill a few ducks.:banana:

Ga Sportsman

The wonderful government school Zero Tolerance Policy rears it's ugly head again. Is there no common sense left? What a bunch of idiotic cowards........:banginghe

January 17, 2010
Expelled After Hunting
by Gerry Bethge

From News 10 in Sacramento :

WILLOWS, CA - A 17-year-old Willows student will have the National Rifle Association behind him when he appeals his expulsion from school for having a shotgun in his pick-up truck.

Like many youngsters his age, Gary Tudesko likes to hunt. "I hunt ducks, geese, all types of waterfowl," said Tudesko.

But last October, his recreational pursuits landed him in trouble at Willows High School.

"I went hunting before school, me and my friend, and I didn't want to be late so I parked off campus at my school," Tudesko said.

Tudesko was in class when he was called to the principal's office. He soon learned why.

"They brought in a private sniffing dog and it alerted on my truck and they found the guns," Tudesko said. The weapons belonged to Tudesko and his friend.

Claiming he was a danger to himself and other students, Tudesko was suspended and eventually handed a year-long expulsion.

His mother, Susan Parisio, said, "What happened to him wasn't right," Tudesko's mother Susan Parisio said.

Parisio said it's an important distinction that her son's truck was parked on a public street. "I asked the police and the district attorney's office if he did anything wrong and they said no," Parisio said.

However, school officials disagreed. They told Parisio state law gives them "the right to search any of the student's vehicles no matter where they're parked or what they're doing during school hours," she said.
The NRA came to Tudesko's aid, saying school officials are misinterpreting the law. An NRA lawyer plans to be by Tudesko's side when he appeals his expulsion Tuesday at the Glenn County Office of Education at 10 a.m.

Tudesko said he's eager to return to Willows High and graduate on time with his class.

"I'm thinking about going into to some type of law enforcement," Tudesko said.

According to this BRANCH, then yes, they could have searched his truck at your house during school hours. Says "anywhere"

Ta-ton-ka chips

GONetwork Member

You are very correct sir. The lack of use of common sense is grossly out of control because of these bogus governmental mandates and zero tolerance policies in place. :banginghe

It's actually kind of sickening...
Probably not an abuse of power by the Principal, he's not that smart. Just another oxygen stealing Govt employee

The Principal as a Govt employee, is not smart enough to work in the private sector. He needs the zero tolerance guidelines so he won't be asked to think while fulfilling his job requirements of indoctrinating the next generation of welfare recipients.:banginghe