Does your club limit does?

Does and will, your club limit does?

• My club currently has a limit (less than 10) on does.

Votes: 26 50.0%
  • My club does NOT have a limit on does but we likely would if the state goes to no limit.

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • My club does NOT have a limit on does and we won't even if the state goes to no limit.

Votes: 17 32.7%

• Total voters

GeauxLSU

OK, this will not apply to public land obviously but if you are in a private club do you currently have a limit on does? Will you if next year there is no state limit?
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

Buford_Dawg

My small club

does not have any written rules. It is basically understood by the 6 members that you are more than welcome to harvest a doe or two per year, along with the normal buck harvests. Years back, we wholeheartedly allowed as many does as a member cared to harvest under state rules, but with lack of deer being seen in general in last few years, we have gone to a couple of does per member. This year only three does have been harvested between 6 hunters and two of those were by our kids. One senior adult in his 70s took a nice doe as well.

Larry Rooks

Yes sir, I limit the # of Doe kills on the leases. NO member has the use for 12 deer, and any Buck killed must be enough for him to pay to have mounted.
You consider 10 Does per memebr and some leases will be wiped out as far as the deer herd goes in very short time. Deer sightings are down now as it is

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
Yepper, 2 doe limit per membership for the last couple of years.

So far on 1650 acres and 25 members we have taken 2 doe's and 4 bucks with 3 of them being quality bucks.

Hopefully the count won't change much between now and the end of the season at least as far as the doe's and small bucks are concerned.

Thunder

3 does. Our club has only a couple of members, but we feel 3 is plenty. (At least we agree on this for our group)

PWalls

I couldn't vote since we hunt about 1700 acres, but spread out over 6 tracts and 3 counties. Our club does limit the doe harvest on each tract per member, but I could limit out by moving from tract to tract (which is what we were trying to encourage). We basically have 3-4 deer limit (maximum 2 bucks all 8 pt or better) on each of the tracts. We are trying to keep the harvest from being too localized on one particular tract. So far for the last couple of years, it has seemed to work out pretty good. Personally, once I get about 4 deer (sometimes 5 if I have a relative that wants one), I am finished for the season.

fredw

Retired Moderator
Five deer total on my Oglethorpe lease. You can take your two bucks and three does or all five can be does.

No limits, other than state regs, on the Meriweather lease.

pottydoc

Nope, and we won't. No need to. Most of us could probably limit on does if we wanted to, but none of us do. As an aside, we've seen more deer this year than ever before, including more quality bucks. This trend has ben steady for us for the last five years or so.

SlipperyHill Mo

No, but we will next year........

due to low deer numbers. Not sure how it will be accepted but it will happen. One maybe 2 per member and it will still be too much.

Sandman619

We put in a three doe limit this year and so far nobody has even killed their limit of does, And it's not for lack of seeing deer, we have probably seen more deer this year than in the past four years.

Hoss

We have a 1 antlerless deer per hunter and 3 per membership. Last year it was 1 per membership. We are trying to get a few more deer on the property.

Hoss

Woody

Founder - Gone but not forgotten.
Yep -- we limit each hunter to "2" antlerless deer.

We did this after first rebuilding our base herd to a point it could withstand a harvest of 2 per member.

Took us 3 seasons of "no Does" to achieve that.

H

HT2

Doe Limits.....

We don't have any limits on them at all.....

I wish somebody (in the club) would drop the hammer and shoot the limit one year......But, that ain't gonna happen......I think the most one person has shot in one year is "4"......We take our fair share, but it would help a lot if'n we took more.... :eek:

gabuckeye

We have a 3 doe per hunter limit. So my son and I could take 6 but we usually only get 1 between us. We have had this in place for 3 years. Our doe population is increasing but it is still far from what it use to be.

Buzz

We do not have a limit, but we also don't have a problem with people shooting everything they see either.

Gaswamp

Larry and Dawndusk, do you guys like the must mount your buck rule?

Scouter

Four deer total on my Oglethorpe lease. You can take your two bucks and two does or all four can be does. Can't remember the last time someone took four deer. Our lease is only 400 arces.

huntfish

We have a small club (165 acres) and only friends hunt on it. We have a one buck limit and no limit on does. However, we usually average two deer a year.