Anyone seen any of these lately?

Flaustin1

Actually we do have jaguars, very limited to the western border states right now. They are comin up from mexico. We don't have any in ga though. Nor do we have black panthers in ga.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Jaguars are historically native to the border regions of Texas, Arizona, and New Mexico, but have never been there in any big numbers, and were pretty much extirpated for a long time. There has been the occasional one documented crossing into Arizona in the last few years. None of these are black, though. The black phase jaguars are very rare, even where jaguars are common, and have never been documented outside the Amazon Basin of South America. GaSpur should be a long shortly, though, to explain that Elbert County, GA is infested with jaguars.

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
Some escaped from the New Orleans zoo during Katrena, AND how about the lion that was seen near Gainsville, GA. a few years ago.

gt40

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Its a trip that everyone jokes about Black Panthers in Ga but My grand-dad swore he saw one stalking his Goat Pen one evening and of course no one believed him. 2 days later, 9 of his adult goats were ripped to shred's!!!!!!!!. 2 yrs later my best friend and I were riding to work and one came across the road in front of us and cleared a 4 strand bobbed wire fence like a white-tail. Solid black and we guess weighed about 60-70lbs. The tail was as long as his body!! 2 weeks ago riding down our dirt rd at my house and a black cat jumped out of the soybeans and ran down the middle of the rd about 75yrds in front of me in broad daylight and it was no house cat!!!! Get this, I have not seen the first fawn on cam this year. Last year had multiple twin fawns..Believe what you wanna believe but once you ever see one, you will know and never forget!!!!!!!!!

Been there and seen that. There is some kind of black cat in our woods. Too many seen. We see at least one every year on our 3000 acre lease on the Oconee river.

shane256

Biologist say they is no such thing as a black panther and we certainly don't have Jaguars running around in North America either. Kinda like Bigfoot, as many hunters are in the woods, why hasn't one been shot or found dead ?

Jaguars range up through Central America up even into Mexico. The Aztec and Maya tribes had lots of mythology based on jaguars.