canebrake?

Dixiesimpleman32

GONetwork Member
crossed paths with this lil over 4ftr.canebrake or timber rattler? Wilkinson county. watch were u step

Attachments

• 2014-07-22 16.01.32.jpg
    2014-07-22 16.01.32.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 1,119

swamp hunter

I sure would like to see one..without tire tracks all over him..
Be honest , first good one I see is getting Skint , I've got a fair amount of Skins and he'd look good on the wall.
After that , they all get a pass.
I'm 35 miles south of Valdosta , Do they git that far south or am I gonna have to Poach one in Georgia ?

rhbama3

Administrator
Staff member
Be honest , first good one I see is getting Skint , I've got a fair amount of Skins and he'd look good on the wall.
I'm 35 miles south of Valdosta , Do they git that far south or am I gonna have to Poach one in Georgia ?

I've seen plenty close to our flounder gigging spots around Tyndall AFB so i think they would be in your area as well.

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
Looks like he just ate.

DeoVindice

My brother and I walked up on this guy while deer hunting a few years back. He tried to bite me and I did not care for it very much. Now he resides on my desk. Normally they get a pass...

Picture_zpsb405fb73.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member

Want a live one?

Attachments

• canebrake5.JPG
    canebrake5.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 894

RUGERWARRIOR

Nic, tell me that pic is 30 years old. I got to know!!!
Yes that a cane break.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
It's both. A canebrake is just a subspecies/color phase of timber rattler that lives in the deep south. Our timbers here in the mountains look totally different, but still the same basic snake.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Nic, tell me that pic is 30 years old. I got to know!!!
Yes that a cane break.

It`s about 10 or 12 years old. My snake catchin` days are over though. I don`t trust my grip enough to hold em like that anymore.