Woodbury Wildlife Area Ohio

biggdogg

I am looking at going to Ohio and was looking into Woodbury Wildlife Area. Has anyone hunted there? Can non-residents gun hunt there and is it a quota hunt or open? I will also do some bow hunting there as well to take advantage of the rut. Any advice would be appreciated.

jigman29

Bow hunting is crowded but doable but never try it during gun season it is an absolute nightmare.i love ohio and Woodbury is a really nice place to hunt with some great deer coming off it.

biggdogg

Would Wayne National Forest be a better option?

jigman29

Never been there but I have heard it or the shennendoa (spelling)are better options.Shennendoa is way bigger and you can walk in and get further from the roads than you can on Woodbury.

Chas

went to Wayne last year

I would avoid the Wayne National as it is not marked well at all and you will always be worried about getting onto other properties…The Shawnee in the same area is very steep up and down, rough hunting if you are not prepared for it…I would look for an area that may be flatter. I will try Kentucky on the next go round!

Cole Henry

I hunt private land not far from woodbury and the land is awesome. By not far I mean across the street. It definitely gets alot of pressure but if you are there during the first week of November the place can be unreal with buck movement. Just have to try to get as far back away from the people as possible. The buck in my avatar was killed there this past season.

JoeKnowsBows

I hunt private land not far from woodbury and the land is awesome. By not far I mean across the street. It definitely gets alot of pressure but if you are there during the first week of November the place can be unreal with buck movement. Just have to try to get as far back away from the people as possible. The buck in my avatar was killed there this past season.

X2 I've hunted right beside Woodbury and the first few weeks of November are always the best.