Lanier - Drop Shot and Spybait in Da House!

Lanier Jim

Out on the water with Carson and Rory today. Carson is with Duo Realis so we fished the spybait, topwater, and drop shot for over 30 fish today. Off the water around 2pm...it just got to hot...or maybe we were just tired from catching :) ...several doubles on both the drop shot and spybait.

Lost several fish on the spybait including one I couldn't turn...and I lost 3 spybaits to fish or operator error :) Rory stuck a couple of real good spots on the spybait...but he was wearing an ugly Tennessee fishing shirt.

We jumped in Carson's Triton...no waypoints...so I went on memory and we nailed the spots today....no wind, no water generation...we just concentrated on deep humps and long points. That's a great example of how the spybait and drop shot will still generate a lot of bites.

We guessed our best 5 went 16# - 17#....some fat fish today. One pic shows the fish bleeding but it wasn't as bad as it looked...just took the spybait deep but we got it out and the fish took off when we released him.

Fun day for sure - a lot of laughs and a lot of fish! Carson and I plan to head out again before he heads back to Texas - should be another great day with the young tourney fisherman...and yes, he drop shots too! :) Grab you a few of the Duo Realis Spybaits...they were getting a lot of hits today. LJ

Attachments

• IMG_20170712_071638373.jpg
    IMG_20170712_071638373.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 656
  • IMG_20170712_111211392.jpg
    IMG_20170712_111211392.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 647
  • IMG_20170712_113115008.jpg
    IMG_20170712_113115008.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 650
  • IMG_20170712_113137819.jpg
    IMG_20170712_113137819.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 646
  • part0.png
    part0.png
    617 KB · Views: 651
  • part0_02.jpg
    part0_02.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 648
  • Screensho.png
    Screensho.png
    619.5 KB · Views: 649

Coenen

Nice fish! You're really slaying 'em (more so than usual) here lately!

If you get another bleeder like that, here's a neat trick to try: Get a good grip on the fish, and pour a little Coke, or any other soda that's got a decent amount of phosphorous in it, onto the damaged gill. It'll clot the blood up in a matter of seconds. Then just give him a little extra time boat side to recover, and you should have a happy fish swimming away the majority of the time.

Scout'nStripers

You're just out there killing it daily LJ. Congrats on a great trip!

Lanier Jim

I've got them figured out pretty good right now. I lost a big fish that I couldn't turn....might have been a striper or big spot on the spybait early. Had we caught the fish we missed - we would've had several more in boat.

Lanier Jim

Nice fish! You're really slaying 'em (more so than usual) here lately!

If you get another bleeder like that, here's a neat trick to try: Get a good grip on the fish, and pour a little Coke, or any other soda that's got a decent amount of phosphorous in it, onto the damaged gill. It'll clot the blood up in a matter of seconds. Then just give him a little extra time boat side to recover, and you should have a happy fish swimming away the majority of the time.

I did....used some Diet Dew and it stopped almost immediately....then next to side of boat....took off like a rocket!

Coenen

I did....used some Diet Dew and it stopped almost immediately....then next to side of boat....took off like a rocket!
The Dew gives them a little extra kick, I bet! ;) We gave Red Bull to a trout once, guess he's a flying fish now, since it gives you wings.

Lanier Jim

LoL....pretty good Coenen

Cletus T.

Good work Jedi………..those are some pretty looking fish for sure!

Only read about the spybait….never fished it……looks like I may need to give it a try!!!

Lanier Jim

6# sunline FC sniper....7# FC Sniper leader with Sunline 10# SX1 braid....I use an Albright knot to connect the braid and flourocarbon. Just make sure you use a med or med light action rod and don't set the hook....just "lean" into the fish and let the rod load up while you keep reeling.