which lure?

.243wssm

im thinking of getting a torpedo has anyone used it with any luck and theres a frog/spinnerbait/crankbait lure at walmart it looks like a frog but shines like a spinnerbait but moves like a crankbait has anyone used it and had any luck with it:confused::confused:

Last edited:

hv2boutdoors

I have a ton of those small torpedos that are in the frog pattern. They are green and have black spots on them. I think they are made by Heddon. I love those things. I fish mine like a popper... I pop it across the top of the water. Bass love that thing, especially of late, as they have been hitting topwater where I fish. I pulled a 4.8 lb bass and a 6.2 lb bass out of there Saturday morning on one. I recommend getting the smallest one though... it may be 2 1/2-3 inches. The way I fish it, is reel line tight, pop it... crank bout 3 times till line is tight again, and pop it again. They usually hit it either when it first hits the water, or within the first 3 pops.

The other bait you are talking about sounds like the frog pattern chatterbait. I have one of those in the white pattern, but have yet to catch any fish on it. I have heard of people that have though. To be honest, I probably haven't fished it enough to give it a chance. I'm more of a plastic worm, spinnerbait, and then topwater man. You can try them out though, and let us know how they work.

.243wssm

ya i just went to walmart got a rat-l-trap some worms and the dancin eel and i saw the chatter frog(i couldnt remember the name earlier) but i decided not to get it i'll probly get it later