Turkey Vest

SGaither

I've been eyeing the Cabela's Tatical Tat'r vest but just can't break down and spend the money when I've got a vest that is in good shape and gets the job done.

rex upshaw

That innertube is the most comfortable thing you will ever use for a seat.:cool:
I suppose you could rig one from a 4wheeler tube. Don't inflate it all the way.:biggrin2:

i have used wheelbarrow innertubes for hunting and they are comfy.

Jack Flynn

I don't know why but for some reason I have the hankerin' for a new vest.

I currently have a Bucklick Creek vest (lounger) that is several years old and has held up extremely well. It is a very comfortable vest, good for those long sits but not very stealthy as far as running and gunning goes.

So tell me what kind of vest do you have and how do you like it?

Just do a change up and get a Little Big Horn lounger with the frame. I liked it better than the Bucklick Creek. Much softer butt pad:bounce:I shown mine to 3 people that are die hard turkey nut's and 2 of them bought one quickly.

if you like the Dixon vest but think its to expensive than buy the NEW MOSSY OAK LIMBHANGER vest. This is the exact same vest as the Dixon vest. After last year's response to the dixon vest MO wasnt just going to forget about it. SO this year, they have come out with the exact vest, just a different name.

Its a win/win situation for everyone. As long as they didnt slap the BOB DIXON name on the vest then the original Dixon vests would hold their value and the peropl that wanted the dixon vest can now afford it and not have to worry about the "hype" of getting their hands on one.

Webbslinger

Little Big Horn lounger with the frame is the way to go, especially when you hunt an area w/ limited amount of trees.

GADAWGS

I was going to llok at the Dixon, but BP didnt have any in stock, so I got the Limbhanger. I think I am going to like it better than my Elite II. Plus, my bony rearend will appreciate the extra cushion. I also had a BP gift card, so only paid $50 for it.

Gadget

I don't use the cushions on any of my vests to sit on, they remain attached as a back support/cushion; I use a mossy oak inner tube seat to sit on, very very comfortable.

and NO the Limbhanger is not the same as a Dixon vest, several differences, but they are very similar

GADAWGS

I actually have a folding chair that doubles as a backpack ( got it last year at the Atlanta Turkeyrama), may be using it more this year if this broken leg doesnt heal any faster.
Not sure what the differences are between the two, other than price, but so far I like the Limbhanger

Gadget

I actually have a folding chair that doubles as a backpack ( got it last year at the Atlanta Turkeyrama), may be using it more this year if this broken leg doesnt heal any faster.
Not sure what the differences are between the two, other than price, but so far I like the Limbhanger

Difference in materials, straps, fastners, etc. part of why it's cheaper.

I know the guys who helped design it, I have one of the prototypes. I wore the Bob Dixon vest a year before it ever came out, was on a hunt with the Mossy Oak crew while they were doing R&D on it.

Last edited:

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
whatever that danged expensive vest was that mossy oak was selling last year (some of the money went to charity or something).

either way I love this thing

Doc_Holliday23

I've still got the old original Mossy Oak Elite, I guess. They don't even make the pattern anymore... It was Bottomland but it has a lot of extra green in it.

Huntinfool

whatever that danged expensive vest was that mossy oak was selling last year (some of the money went to charity or something).

either way I love this thing

You're welcome sir...

Hey, I guess I should thank YOU. I had two....WAY too much money invested in vests at the time. Glad you like it.

BgDadyBeardBustr

Gone But Not Forgotten
I don't know what the one I have is called but it has the original Mossy Oak pattern on it and it did not have a padded seat on it. I have used it for 15 years and that was before I gave it to my son 4 years ago. I am going to get me one of the new Mossy Oak Hybrid elite III's I think is what it is called. I tried it on at the BPS the other day. Man that thing is comfortable. Tim

I wear a very small camo backpack with a water bladder in it. I take it off and put it beside me when I sit down.
Mike

I used to do that, but I've trimmed back to a lumbar pack with organizers on the sides. Still have a bladder in there, but decoys have to be inflatable. I'll go back to a full pack if I ever hunt big woods again. There's no need for overnight supplies inside a few thousand acres.

stiles1682

Ive had a few vests but the one I got now is from Wal-Mart. I got it for like $20 on sale. It works great. The only thing is it has alot of pockets so Ive found that I look like Im wearing a tire around my waist because I have so much stuff in it. So it can get in the way big time if your runnin and gunnin. But its nice to have all that stuff with you on a good sit down hunt. Works great for me.