New mount welcomed home

brittonl

It was spring 2016 early April when this ole boy I exchanged greetings. I had struck a bird early off the roost & closed the distance & got to work. Finally he crested the opposite ridge & started easing his way down. Abruptly he dashed off down the ridge away from me & left me in shock wondering what had just happened. Completely by surprise, this dominant bird gobbles to my right & makes his presence known, at least to me. This ole boy slips down the ridge in full strut, slow & easy disecting every inch of ground. Finally my newly found opponent presented a worthy shot & I was fortunate to collect my prize. A special gift he was then & now again today once settled home. My good friend in Jackson, Ga sure put some skill into this one for me.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 499
  • DA1CF488-DDE5-42F6-AE61-36580873ABDE.jpg
    DA1CF488-DDE5-42F6-AE61-36580873ABDE.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 496

six

I always liked that pose. Looks great!

Steve Roberts

Very nice!!! Great looking piece of work!!! Congrats

Killer Kyle

Gorgeous mount!! I would LOVE to have one like this one day!!!

wvdawg

Staff member
Fantastic. Great bird - awesome mount and I really like the weathered wood! Congrats!

brittonl

Thanks guys, appreciate the compliments. The old barn door came off my grandparents 80yr old + barn at our family's farm in Ashburn, Ga. The entire mount has so much value to me.

Steven Reynolds with Wildlife Reflection Taxidermy in Jackson, Ga did this for me. Feel free to PM me if you like for more info. Thanks again & glad y'all enjoyed the pic, he's even more impressive in person.

UGATurkey

Good looking mount. Thanks for sharing the story.