what did i do wrong - Yeti Hopper

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
The key to any cooler is to stock the product cold, hot product instantly melts ice.. can't help that on a deer/hog etc, but when it comes to drinks . .

coltday

I've worked for YETI for about 4.5 years, I think the only thing you probably could've done is definitely "fill" it all the way to the top. Air is ice's worst enemy. With that said, YETI, hard and soft were made to be tough as nails and ice retention came second to that. You'll never see ANYTHING from YETI about "guaranteed to hold ice for X amount of days". There are too many variables and we don't want anyone to have a bad experience off misleading info. Call our Outfitter line if you EVER have any questions/concerns, they'll be glad to help. 512-394-9384.

Wycliff

I've got 2 Yeti coolers and several Coleman Xtremes and on a multiple day camping trip the Yeti wins hand down on ice retention.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I killed a nice buck on 11/10. Boned him out on the 11th and stuck the boned meat in my 2 Coleman Xtremes and tossed in 20lbs of ice each.

I finished processing the deer Thursday 11/16 and still had at least 10 lbs of ice in each cooler.

But the Yeti/Coleman debate continues to rage all over this board.:bounce:

Fourfingers

Not to say they are good but I use my hopper for drink and it usually keeps ice 2 day but the ice water stays cold for four days. But will say run that thing over with the f150 four door 7100 pound truck and see what happens you be impressed. Still using it but with a little tire marks on it. Done by accident

Gaswamp

I believe the hopper guarantee is somewhere along the lines of holds ice for 3 days in 70 degree ambient temps with no direct sunlight. Which is why I bought the Ozarks trail soft sided from Wal-Mart for $50. Held ice for 2 days on the beach with no problem.

you had any problems with the zipper>