Easy indoor cooking....crockpot comes through like a champ

Dub

Was busy getting some stuff done yesterday so I broke out the crockpot.

Soaked some speckled pintos overnight and cooked them along with a london broil that had been seasoned with fajita seasoning. Also added a small amount of maple syrup and Frank's Red Hot to the pot.

Turned out great. Best results I've had on a london broil....ever. I have buds that marinate them and grill 'em hot and fast then slice thin and they taste great. Every single one I've tried that way turned out like boot leather....so I was relieved to finally cook one with good results.

Also....this happened....

Went back in the oven for a few more minutes after this pic...

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Man Yeah!!!!!!! Gotta try a London Broil that way! Like you, I have never had any success with that cut.

naildrvr

I've never tried London broil that I can remember, but that is one fine looking plate!! And that apple pie, well I think it speaks for itself.:fine: nicely done!

Dub

Man Yeah!!!!!!! Gotta try a London Broil that way! Like you, I have never had any success with that cut.

The guy that put of most of the rubs I use nails them somehow.

He says he uses pineapple juice and other stuff for the marinade.

I've tasted teriyaki sauce in his, too. It's not overpowering but its there. He must add stuff in stages during the marinade. He did say it sits in the pineapple sauce for 48 hours. Maybe that's what gets it tender.

He grills/sears it like a medium cooked steak.

Slices across the grain like a brisket.

Maybe I didn't let it soak long enough on prior attempts.

Boot leather, I tell ya.

I've never tried London broil that I can remember, but that is one fine looking plate!! And that apple pie, well I think it speaks for itself.:fine: nicely done!

Thank you.

It was a mighty easy meal for certain.

I was in BiLo yesterday and they had that london broil marked down to $4.50. Guy at the meat counter assured me the crockpot would be the ticket. He didn't lie.

ambush80

Was busy getting some stuff done yesterday so I broke out the crockpot.

Soaked some speckled pintos overnight and cooked them along with a london broil that had been seasoned with fajita seasoning. Also added a small amount of maple syrup and Frank's Red Hot to the pot.

Turned out great. Best results I've had on a london broil....ever. I have buds that marinate them and grill 'em hot and fast then slice thin and they taste great. Every single one I've tried that way turned out like boot leather....so I was relieved to finally cook one with good results.

Also....this happened....

Went back in the oven for a few more minutes after this pic...

That looks good. Do you have any pics of the crust all golden and brownie?

I was always wondering what was wrong with my london broil. I found out that the grain is actually the other way than you would think. Cut the thing in half and then cut perpendicular to the way you just cut.

georgia_home

Another good one. The crock pot is under rated, imho.