Lake Lanier - Please help me find my stolen boat!!!

Coenen

I had a car broken into at Fort Bragg a number of years ago and it absolutely shocked me how they handled it...
"Hello Sir, sorry this happened. What did you see? What items are missing from the vehicle? Can you attach a dollar value to them? Here's a copy of the report for your insurance provider."

Investigation concluded. Case close. :banginghe <- Perfect description of the situation.

StriperrHunterr

"Hello Sir, sorry this happened. What did you see? What items are missing from the vehicle? Can you attach a dollar value to them? Here's a copy of the report for your insurance provider."

Investigation concluded. Case close. :banginghe <- Perfect description of the situation.

basically.

61BelAir

I have never had an issue with law enforcement except for an apparent lack in investigating thefts/break-ins.
I had several thousand dollars worth of hot rod/classic car parts stolen and there was a whole handprint clearly visible that I asked the "Detective" to get for prints. He laughed in my face and told me I had been "watching too much CSI". The only things I recovered were parts that I personally tracked down and even then it was a hassle. A few months later and someone broke into the trunk of a car at the dealership I work at and stole one battery worth less than $100. The same department was out here and dusted most of the car and got several fingerprints. I told the officer about my situation a few months prior and he just shrugged.
Sadly this wasn't the only time as my father and I also had about a dozen 60's cars...mostly chevrolets....stolen some years back. We did the leg work and found most of them. What we did recover was partially crushed from being stacked at the recycle yard.

It's all about who you know or who you are I guess. I bet if the handprint had been on the detective's house they would have took prints.

If that quarter million dollar police boat mentioned above was stolen......how much time would be dedicated to finding it?

All that being said, I still have several friends in law enforcement and greatly appreciate and respect the work they do. It's sad how much responsibility they have with their authority shrinking almost daily and not so great of pay.

StriperrHunterr

I have never had an issue with law enforcement except for an apparent lack in investigating thefts/break-ins.
I had several thousand dollars worth of hot rod/classic car parts stolen and there was a whole handprint clearly visible that I asked the "Detective" to get for prints. He laughed in my face and told me I had been "watching too much CSI". The only things I recovered were parts that I personally tracked down and even then it was a hassle. A few months later and someone broke into the trunk of a car at the dealership I work at and stole one battery worth less than $100. The same department was out here and dusted most of the car and got several fingerprints. I told the officer about my situation a few months prior and he just shrugged.
Sadly this wasn't the only time as my father and I also had about a dozen 60's cars...mostly chevrolets....stolen some years back. We did the leg work and found most of them. What we did recover was partially crushed from being stacked at the recycle yard.

It's all about who you know or who you are I guess. I bet if the handprint had been on the detective's house they would have took prints.

If that quarter million dollar police boat mentioned above was stolen......how much time would be dedicated to finding it?

All that being said, I still have several friends in law enforcement and greatly appreciate and respect the work they do. It's sad how much responsibility they have with their authority shrinking almost daily and not so great of pay.

Oh, absolutely, my hat goes off to them for the jobs they do on average, it just really stinks when you're victimized, even if it is "only just money/property," and the interaction leaves you feeling like it's not important to them.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
A happy ending. Glad you found it. ;):yeah::yeah:

You can get any admin to change your user name if you want.