Opinions on truck value

BDD

Do you think a 2001 Chevy Z71 4X4 is worth $4K ? 350 motor, Silver color
The body is perfect has a really nice matching camper top.
210K hiway miles, never been off road. It’s always just had street tires on it, never in mud.
The only issue is the driver leather seat is ripped. a friend says it not worth 4K,
so I thought I’d just ask for opinions on what you think the value might be.
No dents dings or anything on this truck super well maintained.

Cwill15

It's worth at least that. If it were mine i'd list it for 5k and see if it sold. Assuming you still have the original engine, it isn't a 350.

BDD

yes, I just asked and it's the 5.3 not the 5.7,
and I also didn't mention it's the 4 door Quad-cab.

rjcruiser

Anything running in decent shape is going to get $4k. I'd say it is well worth that. Just know that the transmission is probably going to go in the next 40k miles. TCase might as well.

I'm guessing the seat ripped along the edge where you get in and out.

olered

I would say it's worth that just be prepared for repairs. Transmission, water pump, rear main leak, knock sensors, transfer case and rear end. I paid a lot more than that for a 2003 with 170,000 if it makes you feel better. These trucks the nice ones anyway always go for a fair bit of money. If you know the person and trust them then don't worry about this part, but I found when looking for one of these trucks the instrument cluster fails with higher mileage and is replaced. I had checked 2 or 3 on Carfax that reported higher mileage than what was showing on the odometer.

PappyHoel

I've got the 02' model I wouldn't sell it for anything. With new truck prices and all computerized you can't touch a late model z71. You can actually work on them yourself. The 03 models started the computerized engines.

I'd say it's worth at least 5k. Last I looked on mine it was 8k with 150000 miles on it.

T-N-T

If it's nice as you say, it's worth it or more

GA native

I sold a 98 GMC extended cab a few years ago back for $4500. Sold it in one day, with zero haggling (should have asked for more). It pretty well matched the description you provided. The great thing about a GM with 210K on the clock, is most everything under the hood has already been replaced.

go to autotrader's instant cash offer......they will tell you what a local dealer will pay you right now....go from there.

3ringer

It's worth it. The seat is an easy fix. Replacemt leather seat cover on eBay for 150

95g atl

YES.....very likely!!! Even more.
4x4 trucks in good condition are desirable. and many last a long, long time.
---ever price a new 4x4 full size truck??? with that package you're likely OVER $40,000, perhaps approaching $50,000.

and the 2001 chevy will NOT have a 350. It will have a 4.8, 5.3,...(6.0 if you step up to 2500/3500).

95g atl

It's worth it. The seat is an easy fix. Replacemt leather seat cover on eBay for 150

yes, i did a bottom seat replacement on my same generation Tahoe. It took me right under an hour to complete the job, and that was taking my time.

That generation leather isn't super high quality like you'd find in a Lexus/Benz/BMW, so with normal wear and tear, it is VERY typical of a GM to have messed up leather.

----
and mileage....don't let that scare you, so long as the truck was maintained. The LS engines are known to run just as long as the old 350's. If you look around on GM forums, there are members with 300-500k miles that have done normal maintenance and trucks are still running strong. The weakest link of that drivetrain in the transmission, so make sure to check that out.

If you are new to that generation GM, there have been known oil consumption and piston slab when cold. Arguably, there is nothing to be alarmed about, just warm up the engine for 30 seconds before driving it AND make sure to check your oil often and note any consumption. My Tahoe will let me know (on warning screen) when it is low 1 quart of oil. Mine uses about a quart every 2500-4000 miles (depending on what i'm doing) and has 198,000 miles. NOTHING to be overly concerned about.

These LS engines are same as Corvette engines, just slightly smaller displacement and detuned for truck applications.

I personally LOVE them and would not rule out a 210,000 mile truck in good condition for $4000.

Good luck.

treemanjohn

Banned
6k bare minimum as you described it. You can always go down it's tough to go up.

Funny story my friend parked a worn out toyota 4x4 pickup at a gas station with a 6500 sign. Within 2 hours a mexican guy called and wanted to meet. The guy loved the truck and asked my friend what his best price was. He said I wont take a penny less than 5500. The guy say OK and hands him 6500 in cash

95g atl

wait a second...............

I re-read......are you looking to BUY the truck....or looking to SELL that truck?

--------------
i have a good friend that is looking for a truck exactly like that.

Let me know.

Mako22

BANNED
Its worth that all day long and probably more! Get on Facebooks market place and look at used truck prices to get an idea of what yours is worth.