Georgia assistant coach Kevin Sherrer to

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Sure hate that our coaching staff is having to deal with these distractions during this crucial time. Hopefully we'll be just fine.

westcobbdog

Hope the 5 Stars ( 3 ) he is personally recruiting like Anderson from Rome don't flip and head north with him. Wonder if he is staying and coaching the bowl games? Both of em'? Pruitt is staying at bammy till the bowls are over.

brownceluse

Hope the 5 Stars ( 3 ) he is personally recruiting like Anderson from Rome don't flip and head north with him. Wonder if he is staying and coaching the bowl games? Both of em'? Pruitt is staying at bammy till the bowls are over.

We're good! Anderson tweeted he's all Dawg. Coach Sher is an awesome guy happy to see him get promoted. But UT is a dumpster fire regardless with Pruitt headed there. These recruits have been told for two years by Kirby and staff what was coming this year. Now they trust Kirby and UGA! With fat Phil micro managing UT Pruitt could be tge next victim. Go Dawgs

nickel back

we're good! Anderson tweeted he's all dawg. Coach sher is an awesome guy happy to see him get promoted. But ut is a dumpster fire regardless with pruitt headed there. These recruits have been told for two years by kirby and staff what was coming this year. Now they trust kirby and uga! With fat phil micro managing ut pruitt could be tge next victim. Go dawgs

x3....

joepuppy

Could is a big word. Time will tell if he can change things at UT. I don't think Phil micromanaging is going to be an issue. Go Vols!

brownceluse

Could is a big word. Time will tell if he can change things at UT. I don't think Phil micromanaging is going to be an issue. Go Vols!

One thing you take to the bank Pruitt is an awesome recruiter. He will get talent. But he has two major flaws. He has a drinking problem and he lacks in social skills. Everything he said and did at UGA was 100% point on. But he did it most of the time out of place and drunk. Saban has him on a leash! Richt couldn't and didn't. To be a head coach, with Saban being the exception you have to be a politician with the boosters. Pruitt will be the savior of UT fb or he will be worse than Dooley and Butch combined. Can't wait to see either way.

joepuppy

The recruiting is great, but I'm more concerned with managing the game, playcalling, and utilizing talent. Butch could recruit well, but had no idea how to best use the talent he had (see Alvin Kamara). I do agree with you, though: It will be awesome or terrible. Probably not a lot of room in between. Hopefully he can get the drinking under control. hate to see anyone struggle with that.

MudDucker

Staff member
I can't believe any coach would leave UGA for UT unless Phat Phil has the pocketbook wide open.

Pruitt as a head coach should be interesting to say the least. That boy ain't got brakes or filter.

BuckNasty83

The recruiting is great, but I'm more concerned with managing the game, playcalling, and utilizing talent. Butch could recruit well, but had no idea how to best use the talent he had (see Alvin Kamara). I do agree with you, though: It will be awesome or terrible. Probably not a lot of room in between. Hopefully he can get the drinking under control. hate to see anyone struggle with that.

I agree.

But the drinking thing, I've never heard of except coming from butthurt FSU fans when he left.

He is already having any impact on a few Bama recruits. Saying he was a big reason they was going there and who they had built a good relationship with and now UT is s serious option

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Now that he's no longer under Saban's watchful eye, he'll probably be butting heads with administration or coaches, just like he did at UGA.Then again, he may turn out to be a home run for UT.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
I agree.

But the drinking thing, I've never heard of except coming from butthurt FSU fans when he left.

He is already having any impact on a few Bama recruits. Saying he was a big reason they was going there and who they had built a good relationship with and now UT is s serious option

It may be an option, but it wont be a serious one, even if they go with him.

brownceluse

I agree.

He showed up at Richts house multiple times drunk wanting to fuss and fight. Trust me he has or had a problem. He was also involved in two fights with his peers in staff meetings at UGA. He is a dang good DC and recruiter! I was and I'm still a Pruitt fan. But,,, this could get nasty quickly with him. His 2nd year at UGA he was an absolute tool. I still to this day think if he hadn't of acted the way he did he would have stayed with Kirby. The admin told Kirby he had to go. He was still recruiting for UGA the day before he was let go.

hayseed_theology

He showed up at Richts house multiple times drunk wanting to fuss and fight. Trust me he has or had a problem. He was also involved in two fights with his peers in staff meetings at UGA. He is a dang good DC and recruiter! I was and I'm still a Pruitt fan. But,,, this could get nasty quickly with him. His 2nd year at UGA he was an absolute tool. I still to this day think if he hadn't of acted the way he did he would have stayed with Kirby. The admin told Kirby he had to go. He was still recruiting for UGA the day before he was let go.

That's the story I heard too.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
I am just glad to be where we are at. Nobody gave us much chance of being where we are.

joepuppy

I am just glad to be where we are at. Nobody gave us much chance of being where we are.

Really good season for a second year coach. Congrats on coach of the year. :cheers:

Latest posts