Ben Cleveland

rshunter

I watched the SEC Championship game again the other day and other than the neutral site aspect of the game and redemption for the Dawgs, what was the difference from three weeks earlier? As always in the SEC, the line of scrimmage was the difference. Completely flipped from the previous game. After watching the game focusing completely on just the O-line, I believe Ben Cleveland was a huge part of the difference. Don't know if its been mentioned anywhere else but, I think he had a great game at right guard. His size and strength, I think, made a huge difference in UGA's ability to run the football and of course everything else that runs off of that offensively. Just an observation. Good job Ben, now go Bulldoze some Sooners. GO DAWGS

Last edited:

Howard Roark

Retired Moderator
He is a hog and avid squirrel hunter.

formula1

Daily Bible Verse Organizer
This along with the adjustments right tackle Andrew Thomas made was a good bit of the difference.

Spreading the D with more outside runs and short passes contributed too.

rshunter

No doubt that many factors played into the momentum and outcome. As I watched, my eyes just kept finding him in the O line play. Maybe just because of his size, he "flashed" on the screen.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
This along with the adjustments right tackle Andrew Thomas made was a good bit of the difference.

Spreading the D with more outside runs and short passes contributed too.

This. ^ Toss sweep and off tackle running plays got Auburn out of the box and opened up the middle. Nauta's TD catch was only the 2nd TE TD of the year? I can't believe we haven't tossed the rock to him and Blaze more in the red zone.

lbzdually

Banned
Don't forget he is a redshirt freshman, along with Soloman Kindley, with Andrew Thomas being a true freshman. Those 3 with Gaillard and Isaiah Wilson, the big 5 star OT they signed last year will anchor the line. UGA is about to snag a 5 star OG who will push to be a starter in Jamaree Salyer who is 6'4" 340 lbs and whipped every 5 star defensive prospect he faced at numerous camps. The future is bright for the UGA offensive line.

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
When I watched him in one game, seemed like he went out of his way to look for someone to block. He was getting after it.

One of his HS coaches is a member here.

jbogg

When my son was playing football he would workout occasionally at a workout facility in Johns Creek. One day as I was waiting on him to finish up I started making small talk with a mountain of a man who was waiting to get started. When I asked him if he played for UGA or GA Tech he politely replied that his name was Ben Cleveland and he was only 16 and currently in 10th grade. Talk about a man among boys. Really glad to see that his confidence has caught up to his size. Great days ahead for the Dawgs!

Howard Roark

Retired Moderator
This. ^ Toss sweep and off tackle running plays got Auburn out of the box and opened up the middle. Nauta's TD catch was only the 2nd TE TD of the year? I can't believe we haven't tossed the rock to him and Blaze more in the red zone.

Smart said earlier in the season, that Nauta does not practice hard.

MCBUCK

the rest of the OL says he is an "intimidator" at the LOS

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
We are putting together an O line, that will be hard for anyone to handle. That is one area that CAR fell woefully short.

scooty006

Big Ben rag dolled Derrick Brown multiple times in that game, didn't notice until the replay but he's a beast and only a RFr. :hair:

MCBUCK

Big Ben rag dolled Derrick Brown multiple times in that game, didn't notice until the replay but he's a beast and only a RFr. :hair:

:biggrin3:

that's funny. I'm stealing that

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
He's duck hunting in Stuttgart right now. So you know he has the greatest of hobbies