Is this deer a piebald?

Buford_Dawg

My trailcam captured this picture recently. The sunlight is causing me to wonder if this is truly a piebald or just how the sun is reflecting. I believe it is a piebald, what are your thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_1088.JPG
    IMG_1088.JPG
    156.3 KB · Views: 1,446

Summit259

99% sure it is. Have only seen 1 in the past 5 years (in person).

six

Looks like it.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Yes sir!:cheers:

1gr8bldr

The piebalds are very pretty when they have normal eyes. Most piebalds do. The albinos are ugly with the pink eyes. I once had one on my land that I would speak of seeing often. A friend asked why I did not shoot it. I said to pretty to shoot and do a shoulder mount and I would not spend the money for a full mount. He promised that if I would let him go get that deer that he would do a full mount. First morning in the stand, he killed it. He did it up right. A full body mount inside a lighted cherry case snow scene with a post and barbed wire. It was cool if you have the space for something like that

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
X 8, that's a piebald definitely.

bilgerat

Senior
The piebalds are very pretty when they have normal eyes. Most piebalds do. The albinos are ugly with the pink eyes. I once had one on my land that I would speak of seeing often. A friend asked why I did not shoot it. I said to pretty to shoot and do a shoulder mount and I would not spend the money for a full mount. He promised that if I would let him go get that deer that he would do a full mount. First morning in the stand, he killed it. He did it up right. A full body mount inside a lighted cherry case snow scene with a post and barbed wire. It was cool if you have the space for something like that
Got a pic of that mount? Sounds awesome

Buck Dropper

We have got an all white doe except for her brown head on our place. She is also a dwarf. Wouldn't shoot her for nothing.

nmurph

We have got an all white doe except for her brown head on our place. She is also a dwarf. Wouldn't shoot her for nothing.

I've read that piebald/albanistic/melanistic deer tend to have more deformities and removing them from the herd is a good idea.

kmaxwell3

I've read that piebald/albanistic/melanistic deer tend to have more deformities and removing them from the herd is a good idea.

I have a fawn on my place that is piebald and it looks small for its age. I watched it yesterday with its mother for a few minutes and it's leg's are really short looking. Also noticed it's head to be small looking. They have not made it in front of my trail camera yet. I give both of them a pass. I wonder if the mother will birth another one?