Women in Islam & Judaeo-Christian religions

StriperAddict

mtnwoman

God waits on all of us patiently until the light comes on.[/QUOTE

Amen! He stands knocking at the door. We have to let Him in, He doesn't push the door open. When the door is opened from the inside and we invite/let Him in, then He 'dines' with us and we with Him.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Thems the rules and their society is fine with it. It does not seem that the God of Abraham is displeased enough to stop it.

strutlife

My question to the original op. WHY would you even wanna compare Christianity to muslims/islam? If you wanna practice islam and be a muslim go right ahead. It appears to me that you are attempting to sell muslim/islam to individuals on here. It's your choice. You are told muslim/islam is a religion. muslim/islam is a "way of life." The majority of what you referenced from the bible came from the Old Testament. muslims/islam took the lives of 2 of my fellow soldiers, friends and people I had contact with on a daily basis. So, I really don't care to read the quran or any of the muslim/islam CRAP you wanna post. Your profile says you were in the Navy. I really can't believe someone who served this country would even compare these two books.

Artfuldodger

My question to the original op. WHY would you even wanna compare Christianity to muslims/islam? If you wanna practice islam and be a muslim go right ahead. It appears to me that you are attempting to sell muslim/islam to individuals on here. It's your choice. You are told muslim/islam is a religion. muslim/islam is a "way of life." The majority of what you referenced from the bible came from the Old Testament. muslims/islam took the lives of 2 of my fellow soldiers, friends and people I had contact with on a daily basis. So, I really don't care to read the quran or any of the muslim/islam CRAP you wanna post. Your profile says you were in the Navy. I really can't believe someone who served this country would even compare these two books.

I'm not trying to "sell" islam to anyone just compare the religions on how we view women differently than men. Islam, Christianity, and Judaism all worship the God of Abraham. There are sociological ties to our religious beginnings and similarities such as circumcision.
All three have advanced or changed their views or beliefs on the treatment of women than from our shared history. Some better than others. Islam being the slower religion to change their views of women in some Islamic countries more than others. I can certainly see how some or even most Islamic countries treat women badly. Why haven't they seen the light that we have and allowed women to preach or wear pants? Why can't women preach in certain Christian denominations? Why can't women dress scantily without being blamed for causing lust in men in Christian societies? Islamic societies have their women cover their bodies so as to not cause the lustful desires in the men folk.

I really don't see my Navy career as a factor as my enemy was the ones trying to kill or overtake me or my fellow comrades regardless of his religion.
Example being in WWII in which my Father was fighting both Christians and Shinto.

Again my main comparison was the historical beginnings of how the three Abrahamic religions view or viewed women and how they have changed and why.
Why do we treat women differently here in America today than say 100 years ago? Christianity or the Bible hasn't changed so why did our society's view?

I'm against individuals, factions, or countries killing my comrades in arms regardless of their religion or lack there of or their skin color. As far as I'm concerned they could recommission the submarine I was on and I would join the crew to go drop one Trident missile on the whole bunch of them. I'm OK with collateral damage.

And thanks for your service and sacrifice in fighting the Axis and protecting our freedom.

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
Another example of how Muslim treatment of women is superior to that of Christians:

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/0...ls-kidnapped-forced-into-islam-claims-report/

550 Coptic Christian girls and and women in Egypt alone kidnapped by Muslim men. The 10 who managed to escape all told a similar story:

"that Salafi Muslim men threatened them, moved them through a network of safe houses and forced them into conversion and arranged marriage. Once they had converted, they said, they were threatened that fleeing as an Islam apostate is punishable by death."

Either these guys or the author quoted in the the OP are badly mistaken, because regarding the OP:

2. The Bible says "The Birth of a Daughter is a loss" {Ecclesiasticus 22:3}. The Qur'an says both are an Equal Blessing { Qur'an 42:49}

Well what about the kidnapping of a daughter? Is that a loss or a gain? If women have so much inherent value in Islam, which is it?

3. The Bible Forbids Women from Speaking in church {I Corinthians 14:34-35}. The Qur'an says Women Can argue with the Prophet {58:1}

Kind of hard to believe given even women abducted and married into the religion against their will are guilty of apostasy and thus the death penalty for leaving Islam..........which they never actually joined.

7. .....The Prophet Muhammad Says {Volume 9, Book 86, Number 101} Narrated by Aisha:" It is essential to have the consent of a virgin (for the marriage)".

But I guess if you kidnap, assault and rape the child prior to the marriage then she is no longer technically a "virgin" and thus the consent to marry isn't necessary.

8. The Bible also asks Women to wear veils as in Islam {I Corinthians 11:3-10}, this lowers the chance of rape, (God Forbid), see statistic link below.

So a Coptic Christian woman, or any other unveiled woman for that matter, is just asking to be raped, literally, right?

10. Islam has unconfined Women and has given them the human right to reach for the sky

....but only from the grave.

Last edited:

Artfuldodger

I stand corrected, when Jesus died on the cross he removed any and all laws pertaining to gender roles and returned equality of the man and his help mate as was set up before the fall.
Grace has enlightened me to many of my faults. Man has divided the sexes and the cross has reunited their equality. I'm such a loser. Amen to the power of God and his grace on my pitiful soul.
Mercy there was grace and grace was free. Pardon there was multiplied to me, There my burdened soul Found liberty, At Calvary.

My study into women's roles and the Laws that separated men and women have been redeemed by the cross. The other two religions that share Christianity's roots have totally missed the mark of grace. They are still trying to save themselves by laws.
I truly have learned a lot since starting this thread.
I'm truly humbled by what I have been recently enlightened to.

Now what can we as Christians do to correct the problem of Americans and Muslims who are still trying to live by the Law? How can we show or teach that these gender roles have been erased by the cross?

Artfuldodger

While it would be easy to compare the atrocities of today's Islamic countries with some Christian countries of yesteryear, the good news is we've advanced faster than some or most. Read about the mass rapes during WWll as an example.
While we can show differences between some Muslim countries with some Christian countries that is not what the OP is asking.

The OP states;
Interesting from a sociological study is the difference our Gods place on women in our religion. Islam, Judaism, & Christianity all have patriarchal doctrines.

I wanted to discuss it from a religious standpoint, not countries. If one ventures down to the Political forum, one might find ideas that individuals hold as Christian that might not be. This is the same as in Muslim countries. Christians, Muslims, and Jews sometimes develop religious beliefs that leave the actual writings of their Gods.
All three of the aforementioned religions all worship the same God of Abraham. We have different views on who Jesus is.
The Torah, Bible, and Koran tell us exactly what the differences are between men and women. Differences mostly have to do with roles and not salvation.
The history on Women's rights has more to do with a country's cultural changes than it's founding religion.

I wanted to explore these differences, not the differences of countries. The differences or likenesses of women's roles in the Bible, Torah, and Koran and why they even exist.
Why are all three patriarchal ?
It's natural to use the behavior of Muslim countries as an example of Islam just as it's natural to use our culture to explain Christianity.
Maybe that is actually what Christianity and Islam is but I don't think so.