1100 Acres SW Iowa lease available. One continuous piece.

Hey guys, new here. A buddy told me I should post this over here.

Heres the deal:
I have a 1092 acre piece of property that I am wanting to lease. . . First and foremost, price is $8/acre. Will be a year lease from date signed. All species allowed for hunting and fishing. Liability insurance included. Can be used for archery, shotgun, or Muzz.

A little bit about the property. It is a mix of somewhat rolling land(as SW IA land can be). Loaded with pinch points, saddles, and travel corridors. I have had the property for 2 years, and bow hunted it for 3 months straight this last fall(2016). I passed over 40 different bucks. A lot of bucks in the 140's range, and several in the mid 150's range at less than 10 yards. I had an encounter on the ground with a 180+ at 30 yards, but I had a decoy in my arm, and bow strapped to my pack. There is not a TON of timber on the property, but a neighboring property is over 600 acres of just timber. These deer travel through the property to get to food on the other end. A large number of deer live on this property. I had sits this fall where I saw 40-50 deer in a matter of a morning hunt until 10am.

The way it is situated, it is fenced(low fence), and way out in the country. no houses of towns within 5-10 miles, and the ones that are, are very small farming towns. It is in Guthrie County, Zone 4. Neighbor has pictures of a buck that would have been over 200" typical last year. Never heard of anyone shooting him. . . Very few landowners around, and all are good at patrolling the area, and watching out for each other. I have been questioned myself while coming off the property by a gate by a neighbor I had not met. All worked out, since I am allowed to be there.

There are probably somewhere between 8-12 ponds on the property. They hold birds and are great fishing. Four wheeler is a must to get to some locations(truck will work if it is dry). One maintained road leading to the property. Cattle are run on the property from may-October. I have never had an issue with cattle on this property. They rotate pastures, and by the time October comes around, they are up front where no timber exists. . . The majority of the property cannot be seen from any road(maintained or unmaintained) because of hills.

I have 3 years left on the lease. Im offering it at the same price that I pay. At the end of the day, Im still responsible for payment, so if someone wishes to lease it, There will be a small contract just to make sure everything is legit. .

If someone wants to lease it for them and their group, I will not hunt it, or step foot on it unless you request I come to assist you with something. Landowner is very open to leasee's putting in food plots, with their approval. I have spoken with him, and he is very open, just wants to be informed. Very nice family, and they do not hunt it.

Reason I am trying to lease it is because I just sold my house, and moved. Its going to be a long drive for me to hunt it. . . . . .IF it doesnt lease, I will continue to hunt it. Its an amazing property, and I hate to give it up, but I need to find something closer to home. I was on the property shed hunting 2 weeks ago. Didnt find any, but saw 8 different bucks still holding both sides. Only spent a few hours out there, and once I saw those bucks still holding, I figured I would wait until March/April

Serious inquires only. I will post a few cam pictures below. Keep in mind, I run 20+ cameras on this property, so this is just a small sample.

If interested, my best contact is by email. . . that is michael.maceach@yahoo.com.

shdw633

What zone is it located in and how easy or difficult would it be for a non-resident to draw a tag for the area, i.e. would I need a few years of preference points or could I be drawn in my first attempt?

Would you entertain letting someone pay to hunt with you if they can get drawn? I have two preference points and my friend has three.

satchmo

Easier with a gun

What zone is it located in and how easy or difficult would it be for a non-resident to draw a tag for the area, i.e. would I need a few years of preference points or could I be drawn in my first attempt?

Statisticly it's a lot easier to draw a tag with a gun /Muzzleloader than an archery tag. This is really the deal of a lifetime for somebody with a shotgun or Muzzloader and most likly get a tag the first season.

On my phone, at work, so keeping this short. Its the northern part of zone 4. Shotgun/muzz tags are easy to draw. A lot of people draw on their first attempt, and its all but a guarantee with 1 pref pt. Bow is a different story. 3-4 years to draw a bow tag. Im not interested in leasing for only one season, or doing a short term deal. If i lease it, it will be on a yearly basis. 1,2, or 3 year term. Lease period is june 1-june 1, with payment due May 1. Full access year round to the property. If it doesnt lease, I will still have it, and hunt it myself.
Can have up to 10 people max on the property.

I would possibly be interested if we can get a group together. I got points but I wasn't planning on Iowa this yr. now this has me thinking.

southerndraw

I'll have 4 pts this year...wouldn't mind doing a 4 or 5 man group to bow lease.

Firat, I will not post any information about the landowner. I have an exclusive lease on this property through Farmers National. I have 3 years left on the lease. I have been in contact with the owners, as well as farmers national, and they are perfectly fine with me sub leasing it. Whoever decides to lease it will sign a contract with me, to cover my butt, and make sure I get paid. At the end of the day, my name is primary on the lease, so i am responsible for payment.

If someone leases it, I will not step foot on the property for any reason, unless requested by leasee for assistance with advice or help.

If someone leases it, I will get all names of those who will be hunting or accessing the property. I send that to Farmers National, and you are then covered with full liability insurance.

I currently pay $8/acre. Im asking the same price. Im not trying to make money on it. I negotiated this deal down feom $14/acre that they originally asked.

Anyways, in no way will I ever give out the landowners personal information. If someone is dead serious about this, PM me, and I will give you my phone number. We can diacuss the property, and hunting. I love to talk hunting.

Jim Boyd

Amazing deal.

I am already locked in for lodging and hunting in Illinois this fall.

If I am reading it correctly, $8800 / 5 = less than $1800 each.

I would be MORE than willing to work with a group for two year deal. 5 guys hunt 2017 and 5 guys hunt 2018 (I would have to be 2018).

I have 4 points and pretty sure I can draw now but will pick up another point this year just to be sure.

I can't see this deal lasting long.....

What I will not do, however, is join without a tour or scout trip and verifiable ownership and knowledge of future access.

No insult hidden in there - just common sense.

Great looking farm!!!!

Sundays Money

Amazing deal.

I am already locked in for lodging and hunting in Illinois this fall.

If I am reading it correctly, $8800 / 5 = less than $1800 each.

I would be MORE than willing to work with a group for two year deal. 5 guys hunt 2017 and 5 guys hunt 2018 (I would have to be 2018).

I have 4 points and pretty sure I can draw now but will pick up another point this year just to be sure.

I can't see this deal lasting long.....

What I will not do, however, is join without a tour or scout trip and verifiable ownership and knowledge of future access.

No insult hidden in there - just common sense.

Great looking farm!!!!

Jim I have 3 points and would also be interested, I'm booked for 2017 but can do 2018.