My last few outings....

swampstalker24

I've been pretty fortunate the past three weeks with nice weather and plenty of free time... No better way to spend it IMO than getting out and going fishing.

Recently I've been trying my hand at tying streamers. I had some left over crystal streamer hair that I used to tie jigs for ice season so I tied up a few basic streamers.

Snapchat-929841869.jpg

Weekend before last, I got the itch to go try them out so me and my girl headed to one of my favorite spots (scenery wise, the fishing is hit and miss). I managed a pretty decent Brown on one of the streamers, and had a few misses as well. My girl caught a nice lil brown on a panther martin then a nice rainbow drifting a salmon egg. Overall it was a nice day to be out and about. While fishing, I noticed an abundance of fairly large carp, but more on that later...

brown.jpg
meg brown.jpg
meg rainbow.jpg
pic 2.jpg
pic.jpg

Last weekend, I decided to take a nice solo trip and explore a new stream. Still wanting to improve my streamer fishing, I limited myself to the few I'd tied previously and a nice olive wolly bugger tied by EverGreen1231 for the last fly swap. Lost all my streamers on breakoffs and tree limbs, but the olive wolly bugger picked up the slack! Caught over 35 rainbow, browns, and brookies! Ill definitely remember this spot!
Snapchat-884957023.jpg
Snapchat-634734189.jpg
Snapchat-371543767.jpg
Snapchat-208216838.jpg
Snapchat-177875361.jpg
Snapchat-1724097247.jpg
Snapchat-1238085150.jpg
Snapchat-1011823267.jpg
Snapchat-946270900.jpg
Snapchat-932270246.jpg
Snapchat-1980697523.jpg
Snapchat-1892801930.jpg

This weekend, I decide to take some kayaks out to the spot where I found those big carp and try out a few leech streamers I tied up on them. I wasn't expecting much, just figured Id keep myself entertained while kayaking with my girl. Turned out they couldn't resist the leech, and I managed a couple of really nice ones! not sure I would have been able to land them with my 5wt rod and 5x leaders, had I not been in a kayak. They pulled me all over that place and it took prolly 20 minutes to land them! What a thrill! Finished off the day with a few decent rainbows on a copper john.

IMG_1566.jpg
IMG_1564.jpg
IMG_1553.jpg
FullSizeR.jpg
IMG_1542.jpg
IMG951573.jpg
Snapchat-653054162.jpg
IMG_1570.jpg

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
Your pictures have triggered me. I need to go to my safe space. It's somewhere in southern Montana.

firebreather

Very nice

Nugefan

Beee U Tiful scenery. Thanks for sharing ...

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Beautiful fish, beautiful scenery, and a beautiful woman to share it with. Can't beat that! (Well, the carp ain't technically beautiful at all, but they sure pull like the dickens.)

tsharp

Totally different from where I fish. Very beautiful place and family, oh nice fish also.

swampstalker24

Beautiful fish, beautiful scenery, and a beautiful woman to share it with. Can't beat that! (Well, the carp ain't technically beautiful at all, but they sure pull like the dickens.)

Yea it was kinda funny... the day before I caught those carp my girl was giving her daughter a lesson about how "beauty is on the inside".... But after I caught the first carp she went on and on about how ugly they were and she didn't want to catch one! I had to remind of her own lesson :rofl:

Cmp1

BANNED
I'll tell you what,,,, if your girl thinks goldens are ugly,,,, show her a Bowfin,,,, ya got some great shots,,,, and I am sure gonna get my camera out this year,,,,

Killer Kyle

I hate you!!! Haha! That scenery, man. And those fish! You're KILLIN' me!!! Those pics are so great it physically hurts.
Excellent report!!!