Friday January 19th is looking real good!

Day trip

With wind predicted to be less than 10 knots and 1ft waves on 10 second intervals, a near shore reef sheepshead trip is calling me. Anyone know if the baitshops out of Savannah have fiddler crabs or do we have to go digging?

GSUbackwoods

I'll be heading out Saturday. This past Sunday I went to catch some fiddlers and it was slim pickings, last I hear was Hogan's Marina has been keeping fiddlers so try giving them a call.

Day trip

I’m thinking about trying whitewater reef just over in South Carolina. I’ve never tried sheepshead there, has anyone else had any luck at whitewater?

Day trip

Hogan’s Marina does have fiddlers. I’m going to try staying close because it’s still going to be pretty darn cold. Pending the weather we may run out to Eagles Nest, Sav or KC. Good luck to you Riplukelee

Heisenberg

It is looking great! I think we are going to head to R2 or grand banks. Leaving EARLY out of pine harbor/sapelo sound. Good luck everyone! We don't see weekend offshore fishing weather like this very often. Monitoring 68 and 16.

Heisenberg

Not the best, but pretty good. 120 ft.

Attachments

• fish_n.jpg
    fish_n.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 391

Scallen2112

Hey Heisenberg, what are those red ones? We used to catch those by the cooler full in Okinawa, but I never knew what they were - only that they ate good.

Scallen2112

Someone came back into Morningstar, Golden Isles with a good load. Said they went to 40 mile bottom. Found water temps of 68-69.

Heisenberg

These were caught on the same depth line as 40 mile, but north of there. Beeliners are good eating. i will try the bank sea bass sashimi soon. thanks for the suggestion