New Forum..

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
For all things Fly Fish'n. Welcome and lets do it!!!!!

Randy

I have got to add this sport to my arsenal.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
I have got to add this sport to my arsenal.

Be careful it is addicting. Next thing you know you will be tyin yer own flys.:bounce:

SmokyMtnSmoke

Randy, It's THE most addictive sport.

Shooting and reloading is real fun but you'll soon find the perfect load for your rifle and you can only take so much game.

Fly Fishing has the great variable of 'match the hatch' and so the art (or addiction) of tying your own can lead to a never ending search for 'the right fly' and an even better deal in catch and release.

This quote is from a very good fly fishing friend and best let you know what your in for if you decide to give it a go...

"The thing is that some of us are "tetched" in the head about flyfishing. Once it gets a hold on you, it's very addictive. The down side is that most of the fishing community and the general public think we are a little bit whacky and bear watching. You know-grown people that sit a room alone at night lashing fur and feathers (that had a ridiculous cost) to hooks with little granny bobbins and going around exclaiming how beautiful these little bugs are. People that get out in their yard and flail the air with a long pole and get a sick little grin on their face when the line goes out just right. Folks that go to a ton of trouble and expense to catch fish and then throw them all back. And when they're not fishing, they're on their computers talking about it." --Ole Man

Tight Lines

Toxic

I will have to admit that I am additcted to flyfishing. I have been this way since 12 (started early) I have been keeping the addiction alive and well as best as I can :bounce:

Corey

They way I see it, you have to buy alot of fly fishing gear to = a bass boat, gas, 5 dollar crank bait & the 30 baitcasters you need to bass fish ;)

At least that was my defence until my wife said you do both!! :rofl: