S.c. Hoghunters

houndsman

HERE IT IS HOGHUNTERS IN BLACK AND WHITE go to www.scstatehouse.gov. Then search hogs look at bill S932 its all there exactly what i've been trying to tell some of y'all the guns, releasing ,and night hunting .Then when you get your belly full of that go back and search dogs look at S1027 titled renegade hunter act . And yes these are the facts and they are with in one reading of being past .

wildlifecory

It is important to note that hog hunters are in no way shape or form why these bills were started.

The Renegade Hunters bill is specifically targeted to Dog Deer Hunters. The admendments essentially remove the regulations for hog hunters, unless you are one of those who use a centerfire rifle. As long as you are not toting a rifle you are not subject to the laws (as in you are not defined as a hunter, for this particular law). The law will impact bear hunters and those bear hunters who hog hunt with baydogs and rifles.

Also, another important thing to note. There are far more coonhunters in the state of SC than hog hunters. Being a coon hunter and a hog hunter, I fully understand that coonhunters are giving themselves a bad name. I wouldn't blame it on the hog hunters. I see more coon hunters parked on the side of the road dumping dogs at bridges that they don't have permission to hunt than I do hog hunters.

The biggest thing is nobody can seem to get along, they all want to point the finger. The fact is, if we all don't stick together as dogmen (not bear hunters, or coonhunters, or deer doggers, etc) we are eventually all gonna loose our rights. We have to be united and stop all the finger pointing, whining, and arguing and work together.

Amen .::;. WC .thats the whole point but its going to take someone loosing their right to hunt with their dogs before we all get together and I am not even sure that it will happen then. Some just think what they do is okay but its not okay for others...I will guarantee that everyone of us that hunt with dogs has had one cross a property line before...what matters is what you do after that happens... I thought that this issue was done :hammers:

Actually besides them now making it legal to transport and enclose hogs with a permit it also makes it legal to hunt hogs at night with Lights and sidearm which does not seem to be limited to any caliber.
It seems like to me the state is finally given in on the hog hunting at night issue and has decided that want to get paid in the process. Corey am I reading that right? If so that would make my bellyfull feel just right...It bites that they are going to start taxing us on it like everything else but look at the world we are living in

houndsman

Yes , curdog and corey y'all pretty much got it . Its all pretty good except for the dog bill . And we are trying to do what we can in the hunters regards . And i would have been glad to explain it earlier on but i got jumped to quick about my first comment so i went with the soap opera just to see where it would go and now i know so that is that . Now every body needs to set back take a deep breath and think about what we can do to support the good things and stop the bad . Ignoring it is the worst thing to do .But let me go ahead and tell you the object in all these law makers minds is to wipe out the hog problem one way or another so who knows where it will all end up at but for now they seem to be in faver of hunters taking care of it .

Its not going to be possible to wipe out hogs here in sc. we dont have all the open land like out west where they can do flybys and blast them and leave em laying...even then they will be impossible to erradicate them guess the figured they might as well get paid in the process

houndsman

ya they are looking at the crop destruction, land destruction , where the big boys are loosing money . and if they can find a way to get a dollar you know they will .But i think they are meaning for transporting to compitions and trials they are looking at georgia's laws and kinda trying to copy some not for sure thats been added since the original was started but i can make a phone call to find out .If it is the average hunter want be able to get a perm. to trasport

crackercurr21

it sounds good but where are the numbers are they only going to allow a license wild life remover to obtain the permits or are they only going to sell 50 state wide permits or will there be plenty of permits to go around like our gator permits here some season tough to get one other seasons they have some left over

houndsman

I've heard several interpetations but don't know what it's going to be .there's alot of room there .Guess will have to wait and see what the attorney general and d.n.r. come up with after it's past .

houndsman

Seems like it came up last year that he had donated some money to them or the other anti .