handicapped deer stand

c27knots

i am trying to make a deer stand to help lift up a friend of mine it only has to be like 7 feet and i am just looking for ideas.

i have a 2000 lbs winch with a remote that i was thinking could lift some kind of bucket up or ramp that he could drive his wheel chair or 4 wheeler on. I just dont want him to fall or be unsafe.

i have welding equipment and lots of metal i am just looking for ideas to get started. i need to find a broken roller coaster or something

BBowman

What you need is a box blind that is lifted using hydraulics. Ive seen commercially made ones before. They are mounted on a flat trailer. You park the trailer where you want it then they hunter uses a ramp to roll into the box stand. The box stand can then be raised with the hunter and his companion inside the box. Good luck.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
i am trying to make a deer stand to help lift up a friend of mine it only has to be like 7 feet and i am just looking for ideas.

i have a 2000 lbs winch with a remote that i was thinking could lift some kind of bucket up or ramp that he could drive his wheel chair or 4 wheeler on. I just dont want him to fall or be unsafe.

i have welding equipment and lots of metal i am just looking for ideas to get started. i need to find a broken roller coaster or something

With the resources you have you could probably design an elevator of sorts.

Build a frame tower with a wheelchair lift cage inside the framework that could be lifted by the winch like an elevator hoist.
Make it so the cage can be pinned at the desired height.

James Vincent

Why would you want to be elevated. I'm handicapped and hunt off ground and kill more bucks that most club members up tree. Showed an 80 year old member how to hunt roads and trails that was going to quit hunting because of his age. He's having a great time now killing more bucks than he ever had before

c27knots

our land is not very open and he has ms so he can not really move very quick if he were to see a deer on a trail. we have a lot of tall undergrowth so it helps to be up high to see movement.

Big Doe Down

There is a box bling in the GON marketplace for sale that is on a trailer and it has hydraulics that lift it up. You may want to look into one of those if you have the money. Just an option I'd thought I'd throw out there.