Hunters Go After Georgia Pigs For Cash

RGRToon

We had a lot of funny trying to eradicate the pigs on Benning. Not sure the final body count but had to be close to 10k. Post finally ran out of money. Some days I would trap more than 10 pigs at $40.00 a tail. Of course I spent a lot on gas and bullets…lol

We made a dent in the pig herd but once the money stopped and folks lost interest the number returned to before we started.

If anyone ahs questions about pigs on Benning shoot me a message.

POSTED: 11:06 am EST February 29, 2008
UPDATED: 11:15 am EST February 29, 2008

At Fort Benning, they call Major Bobby Toon the Pig Czar.

Toon has been assigned to help rid the post of an estimated 6,000 feral pigs that roam the 184,000-acre military installation.

The animals are aggressive foragers, gobbling up native vegetation and endangered species.

Toon is a former armor regiment company commander who has personally brought down 68 of the 900 pigs killed over the past year.

But he's not the only pig hunter at work.

About 2,000 people who are authorized to hunt on post have been encouraged to go after the feral pigs.

A $40 bounty is offered for every pig tail brought in.[/QUOTE]

Tyson Wilkerson

That's a purty cheap bounty now days with the cost of living and inflation .I heard of some fellas that hunted the savannah river plant in 1991 and the bounty was 67 bucks per hog back then.its amazing that swine has been around that long and just not totally taken over the world and there is no other wild life other than them//???????