Meriwether Co

HunterK

What ya seeing fellers?? It's almost time, getting close :banana:

buckshed

As far as deer...few good potential bucks on cam...good fawn crop....white oaks spotty but some good...persimmons look like they will be good...muscadines spotty...but found a few loaded..between alvaton and gay

Junkyarddawg724

This is going to be my first year hunting Meriwether County. After a couple tough years in Talbot Co, my club decided to fold (we had 8 members, 275 acres). I know Talbot is still great deer county, but after a great few years, our property slowly got worse every year until we nearly never saw deer.

I will only make it down to Meriwether 2, maybe 3 times, and the piece of property I am hunting is tiny (10 acres). My family who owns the property has very good success every year in the surrounding area where they are part of a another club.

Nonetheless, I am very thankful to my family who is letting me hunt their land this year, and I hope to harvest a healthy doe to put in the freezer. Hopefully in my time down there I can run across a new club and find somewhere to join!

HunterK

I haven't even gotten down to our property, spent the summer looking for and moving into new house. hope to get down soon :flag:

buckshed

Here's the latest update...water oaks are loaded this year and already a few on the ground...spotty white oaks...most of muscadines are already coming down...persimmons are about average with some already starting to turn color...my trail cams are showing the biggest bucks that I've ever had this early...looks promising

Saw 3 large does this morning with no fawns.Had a coyote come in to a fawn bleat.Wish I had a firearm

HunterK

Finally getting down this weekend, good to hear about some good sightings, last year was bad. I got skunked!

HunterK

Lots of movement! I've seen a bunch of deer in only four hunts, took a good doe sunday. Good movement in the afternoon, not bad in the morning, most of my sightings have been 7-7:30 pm.

buckshed

Sign is just starting to show up...today saw fresh scrapes...and saw an 8pt with his neck already swollen...plenty of acorns in the woods...foodplots better than ever...deer looking super healthy

HunterK

Sign is just starting to show up...today saw fresh scrapes...and saw an 8pt with his neck already swollen...plenty of acorns in the woods...foodplots better than ever...deer looking super healthy

We've seen some scrapes also! got a good 8 on camera. And i'm seeing real good movement around my house on lake lanier, I have two does with fawns in my yard daily and my wife narrowly missed what she said was a huge buck the other day when she left the house for work.
I took a 90 lb doe last week that was fat, fat , fat :fine:

Activity is surely picking up.I saw several does,2 4's, a spike and a small eight.Finding several rubs and scrapes,and a licking branch.Several nice bucks on trail cam.This weekend should be good.

buckshed

Missed a tall 8pt this evening traveling by himself...think I hit a branch in front of him..was moving at 6:15 pm..looks like bucks starting to move before dark

White oaks acorns Falling!!!

I Hunted Saturday & Sunday and I saw a lot of deer both days. I saw 6 doe & a young 6 pointer Sat Morning. Sat evening was quiet until the last hr. When I saw 8 Doe and a fawn that was still covered in spots. Sunday morning I saw 8 Doe and the same young 6 pointer all the deer were eating White oak acorns!! Sunday the young 6 was chasing the doe's some also

I missed the biggest buck i have ever seen opening day only to find out my scope mount had come loose.

But I did see the big one i missed 2 great 8 points and a 5 point.

One of the 8 points was sniffing a doe across the field and continued to follow her. Maybe a little pre rut action going on

buckshed

Have big ones on cam near alvaton, but still moving during dark...small bucks just starting to harass does a little

Opening Weekend was a good one for me I killed A Doe Sat morning so I have meat in the freezer now. And I had a Nice 8pt maybe 120 -125 come by Friday night about 30 min before dark he was eating acorns. Going to let him grow another year. We are starting to see some young bucks chase and I Found my first scrap line Sunday afternoon probably a young one but I put up a camera to find out. I am hunting in the Luthersville/Alvonton area

buckshed

Sitting in a climber at Joe kurz wma got good sign around me...a few bucks were checked in this morning guys mostly said they were by themselves...one guy said he shot one making a scrape...guess prerut and seeking phase starting

HunterK

Opening weekend we saw a lot of deer, last weekend NOTHING! Scrapes and rubs everywhere but no sightings.
Meriwether Sportsman Club, beware, a local is wandering our properties, he ran from me Sunday morning.