Centipede lawn help

Strych9

Put out a pre-emergent now, to prevent more from coming up this spring and summer. As for your current weeds, you can get you some weed-b-gone from HD or Lowes to kill your broad leaf weeds, and image for the grassy weeds. Just make sure the product you get is centipede friendly.

Also, repeat step 1(pre-emergent) every fall and spring to prevent weeds from coming up. Late Sept. and Late Feb-early March.

FF-Emt Diver

I use Atrazine and Poast on mine to control weeds, once sometimes twice a year I fertilize....recommend a 1-0-1 concentration....I like 15-0-15.

I use 1.5 oz of Atrazine per gallon of water
1.5 oz of Poast per gallon of water, also use crop oil for best results. 1oz per gallon.

liv2bowhunt

you need to be careful using atrazine on steep slopes or areas near water. also if you read the label, atrazine should not be used near wells. atrazine is water soluble, and if you have a heavy rain will wash away. if it puddles in a low spot you will end up with damage to your lawn. a safer product to use that has both preemergent and post emergent control is simazine. you can also mix in pendimethalin which only has preemergent control. i used to also mix in a product called cool power but the formulation has changed and it is now not labeled for use on centipede. some people will use products with 2-4-d and you can get away with it for a little while, but in the long run you will see a decline in your centipede lawn with the use of 2-4-d, so make sure what ever you use to read the label and make sure it is labeled for use on centipede.

pine nut

Will atrazine kill bermuda? My lawn is about 50/50 centipede and bermuda, actually closer to a 30/30/30%weeds, bermuda, and centipede. Tons of Poa annua! My grass appears stressed and there are bare patches. I need to do something. Label is scary. Was thinking to areate, fertilize, and spray atrazine. Ideas?