SOS!! In need of fish friend tomorrow! (found-back at it)

bayoubetty

I may just hang out at a boat ramp..in hopes that someone will pick me up! LOL... If you see a sad blonde in the parking lot today..that will be me!

Scout'nStripers

Dang Jenn, just read your post. I'm headed out tomorrow for tackle testing. I don't know if that bum digit could handle a big ole striper but looks like your headed to NOLA tomorrow anyway. Enjoy Jazzfest, I did! Be sure and take something to sit on and plenty of sunblock.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!!!:yeah:

bayoubetty

thanks my friend, will do! I guess I'll head to East Bank or Shoal Creek..or maybe even Island Bait & Tackle to see if I can thumb a ride. LOL!

bayoubetty

Alright..first person to come up to Island Bait &Tackle gets a free dozen herring..but Im coming out with you!

cuda67bnl

Did you get out yet,BB??

cuda67bnl

Good. Was gonna tell ya to head this way.

Nastytater

Banned
Hope ya'll are doing better than we did this morning in that wind...Wind picked up on us around 10:30 or so and it was white capping up around Clarks Bridge...Hard to keep the boat straight with the bank...Anyways,got a 3 pounder out of the deal...Guess the fillets will be enoough for a small fish fry.

Todd71673

Well BB, I'm glad you got a hook wet. Pretty good luck to hook up with Mr. Vanderford, I'm sure he got you on the fish. Maybe next time I'll leave my boat at home and just hang out at the bait shop with you, kinda like when the pretty girl hitch-hikes while the guy hides in the bushes and only comes out when somebody stops, lol. I realize my early morning routine isn't for everybody, I just love to see the sun rise on the water. I'm going again friday if you wanna go, not sure where yet.

bayoubetty

Thanks, Bill!!

Well.. mission accomplished! Legendary guide Bill Vanderford got a call on the BatPhone..I mean FishPhone and heard I was hanging around the corner bait store trying to thumb rides.. LOL.. no, my buddy, Larry called and asked if he was out and he had just put in to do a little scouting for his trips tomorrow. He had just returned from Houma Louisiana where he was fishing and writing about fishing for redfish.
Bill hadnt been on Lanier since I had and that was the tourney.
Now we all know the crazy weather we have been having..and whether or not its effecting the fishing...

All I can say is it was a little different day for us today than the first time we went out together.. and caught 45!
The water temp didnt get above 64 that we saw except in one cove. The coves is where we found them today. We fished from 12:30 - 4. We boated seven fish and below are the three keepers. Fishstache!! It was weird fishing with a bum finger but I did ok!
It felt great to be out there today. This injury has made me realize how very important fishing is in my life and how it keeps my world in balance.

Bill V knows absolutley everything there is to know about Lake Lanier, I mean he's been guiding on it since 1971!! Hello, legend! Want to hear some awesome stories about the sport, or people of bass fishing, or fishing with presidents, book a trip with Bill Vanderford. Its crazy how many people he knows and has fished with.

Cuda, Todd, Larry, how did ya'll do today? Let me know if youre on the water again anytime soon..hint, hint. Thanks for trying to get me out there today. And big thanks to Bill for swinging round to get me.

Attachments

• 2012-04-25_13-33-29_365_Kevin_Vignette_Swollen.jpg
    2012-04-25_13-33-29_365_Kevin_Vignette_Swollen.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 750
  • 2012-04-25_14-55-30_106-1_Sun_Soft.jpg
    2012-04-25_14-55-30_106-1_Sun_Soft.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 748
  • 2012-04-25_14-54-54_728_Melissa_Hassel.jpg
    2012-04-25_14-54-54_728_Melissa_Hassel.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 756
  • 2012-04-25_16-59-23_250-1_Sophia_Hassel.jpg
    2012-04-25_16-59-23_250-1_Sophia_Hassel.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 753
Last edited:

cuda67bnl

Cuda, Todd, Larry, how did ya'll do today?

Took my inlaws out for thier first time in a boat, first time using rod and reels, etc, etc. It was an interesting day..... Tried some new spots but only boated 2 cats. Never saw temps over 66 where we were at. Good day though, and they lasted longer on the water than I expected. I'm headed to a new pay pond today for some bank relaxing. Supposed to be some nice sized cats in this little pond.

Last edited:

StriperAddict

Bill V knows absolutley everything there is to know about Lake Lanier, I mean he's been guiding on it since 1971!! Hello, legend! Want to hear some awesome stories about the sport, or people of bass fishing, or fishing with presidents, book a trip with Bill Vanderford. Its crazy how many people he knows and has fished with.

Bill is a great guide and great friend. (Plus he loves race cars! ) His know how on matters of fishing and Lanier tips are outstanding. He is also into the eco-system and does trips for general facts and wildlife information.
As to stripers, his swirlybird lures were a big help to me when I had a boat & fished the cold months of winter. Overall, I've learned much from him on fishing the lake and I look ahead one day to boat/fish them stripes again soon.
I caught my biggest spot on a trip with my dad and Bill a few years back. ;)

krazywayne

I'm headed to a new pay pond today for some bank relaxing. Supposed to be some nice sized cats in this little pond.

I heard the one next to WCWD has some monsters in ti? Is this the paylake you are talking about? If so let me know , I been thinking about a relaxing evening with the gf there too!:cool:

BB, looks like that injury ain't hurting your skill too much! :biggrin3: glad you got a ride!:cheers:

cuda67bnl

I heard the one next to WCWD has some monsters in ti? Is this the paylake you are talking about? If so let me know , I been thinking about a relaxing evening with the gf there too!:cool:

That's the one, and yes, it has some monsters. I watched it being stocked today, then fished it. I personally put a 42 pounder in the water. I'm gonna make a post about the place later tonight, so look for it.........

bayoubetty

Thanks for ya'll's reports and funny stories! Im excited about getting after some cats soon!
Im in New Orleans now for Jazz Fest..bout to hit the fairgrounds in a few..hope everyone fishing this weekend has a great catch!!

bayoubetty

2nd time out..no charm.. Finger still on mend :)

I'm back and I made it out to Oconee much later than I expected yesterday. The bite was gone by 9:30AM..according to a few others we saw on the water and that after 2 hours on the water, all I had to show for it was this little cat. Very purty cat..had to give a kiss for giving me a pull!
When I get back to Sugar Creek Marina I find the latest of LakeLife Magazine with my friend Bill Vanderford on the cover and a great article he wrote inside about what a magical place Oconee is for fishing. Bill even gives a shout out to my friend Larry Foster in the article. So if you are around Lake Oconee, pick it up!

Attachments

• 2012-05-02_14-06-37_489_Aladin_Street.jpg
    2012-05-02_14-06-37_489_Aladin_Street.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 322
  • 2012-05-02_14-46-32_475_Anne_Perga (576x1024).jpg
    2012-05-02_14-46-32_475_Anne_Perga (576x1024).jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 316
Last edited:
Thanks for the shout out for both of us Jenn. Bill has been a good friend and fishing partner for years. I'm also looking forward to fishing the fall tournament with you at Oconee. We'll give it our best. It's a nice time of the year and I know all will enjoy.