Port St. Joe Florida

Poor Poor Fisherman

Just wondering if anyone could share any 2017 fishing reports from Port St. Joe. The more recent the better.

We haven't had a good experience since before the Red Tide in the fall of 2015. We keep hoping that those waters will recover.

Thanks....

fairweather

I fished out of my yak April 8-12. It was outstanding for trout. The size was back up and I got picky about the ones I kept. I targeted reds a little, but didn't get any. I did see a guide come into the marina with three, all at the upper end of the slot. I am hoping it's recovered. 2016 was terrible for me too.

It was encouraging because during that time the tides were slack and the moon was full at night. Everything was wrong, according to theory, but the bite was on.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
We did okay there a couple of weeks ago... Fished one afternoon. This was the biggest one that came over my rail.
Can't get picture to load right now but it is in my Bay City Lodge thread... Good luck!

Rabun

Just wondering if anyone could share any 2017 fishing reports from Port St. Joe. The more recent the better.

We haven't had a good experience since before the Red Tide in the fall of 2015. We keep hoping that those waters will recover.

Thanks....

Here's a site I go to every now and then. Seems to have pretty good info. I'll be on the Cape 5/15-22 so can report back with some hands on info.

http://www.floridasportsman.com/2017/04/13/panhandle-weekend-fishing-4cast/

"Like" Perfect Cast Charters on FB. Capt. Dan posts a report with pics almost daily. Of course he's not divulging too much info but if you pay attention to detail(s), you can manage a hint or two.