Hog hunting around tifton

hoytslanger87

Im am going to school at abac and was wondering if any one had a place to hog hunt. It would just be a friend and I. We would take very good care of the place while we were there and follow all rules set by the owner. Would like to do some gun, but mostly bow hunting.

Thanks

mbhawkins123

i went to abac a few years ago ..and never could find any place right in the vicinity..but me and buddies did go up to flint river wma several times, and saw pigs just about every time we went...its about hour drive...30 mins up I 75, then like NW like 30 mins

good luck

mbhawkins123

we've seen the majority right up against the river, but anywhere on the smaller creeks usually was pretty good also.

cpowel10

I'm at ABAC too. When is Flint River open for small game/hog hunting? I've never been. We hunt hogs over at Chickasawhatchee a lot. Its about 45 min from ABAC, there's a LOT of hogs over there

hogdgz

Clint you can't hunt hogs if you miss them everytime. How do you miss a sleeping hog at 20 yds? I still cant figure that one out. HAHA

mbhawkins123

its open til the 13th of nov....then it closes for a few days and opens bak up on 18th i think....just check the regs...

but if ur hunting chickasawhatechee...should be able to slay them there

cpowel10

Clint you can't hunt hogs if you miss them everytime. How do you miss a sleeping hog at 20 yds? I still cant figure that one out. HAHA

How many points were on that buck from friday? I wasn't sure if you got a good count before you shot....since it was the last time you saw it! ::ke: Its sad that your shot was 10 times as far as mine, I'm still ticked at myself!