Windy Monday

10/14
7'0" H 7'6" 4:25AM
7'0" L 0'6" 10:50AM
7'4" H 7'11" 5:04PM

I was out on the water this morning at 0630 trying to hit the outgoing tide and as soon as I got to the boat ramp I knew I was in for a ride. The wind was howling but the water was actually pretty clam, that is until I set into my fishing hole. I do not think the fishing Gods were on my side today. As the sun came up the wind never died down so my Father-in-law and I headed for some cover. I am not sure if it was the winds all night but where ever we went the water was mudder than normal. So my last resort before heading in I decided to try for sheephead. No luck there either but I did get enough of these little guys. I have not intentionally fished for Sheephead but I hear they taste good, so I think my next goal is to target them on a day that fish can be fished.

Thanks Guys! And Fish On!

:hammers: :huh: :banginghe

Attachments

• fidh.jpg
    fidh.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 430

Bryannecker

Hero Pro there for a panoramic photo.... Nice...Should be a good
spot for some sheepie action for sure!

Bryannecker

Clam waters??? Or is it Calm waters? Use the clams for bait.

Yeah, in those clam waters catch some of the clams and use them for bait. Fiddlers, otherwise, for the toothy critters. :cheers:
Capt. Jimmy
:rofl:

ssiredfish

Oh the elusive Yellowtail.....What was God thinkin on this one?!?!?!

Good luck on the Sheeps. Small hooks and like Jimmy said, clams are good bait as well as oysters. Scraping those pylons works for some as well......

gafshr

Small craft warning had me stuck on the pier today.