Where can I buy a cast net 5/8 mesh

matthewmagness

Where is a good place to buy a cast net for shrimpin.Going to jekyll this weekend and I would like to try to catch some shrimp.I have never done it before so any advise would b great.All I have found so far is 3/8 mesh.

gulpjuice

Is 5/8 the law for food shrimp? You won't catch many with 5/8. Unless u r on the big ones. Your gonna want 3/8 and 1/2 for shrimp. If u can throw a big get a 8-10. If not 6ft min. Betts old salt is a good one for the money

matthewmagness

Just bought one at bass pro duluth 5/8 8' with ribbon attached betts brand..140 ish the r on the bottom shelf left of all the other nets they have like 5 more.

Dupree

go to the hardware store in darien on your way down to jekyll. They should have whatever you need. I usually order my nets.

Dupree

also the big shrimp are gonna be out in the sound . You arent likely to catch much if you arent going to be in a boat.

Showman

Cast Netting EATER size Shkrimps!

Man, wish I lived closer to the coast. BPS Savannah may have them in stock (5/8" cast net that is). With all the rain that has been falling over there, when are the Larger Eating Shrimp expected to start showing up in the creeks?