Best Broadhead for hogs??

gtaff

Banned
I am wanting to hunt a few hogs with my bow and was wondering the best broadhead for hunt. I was thinking the Muzzy 3 blad 100 grain. Any suggestions?

Randy

MUZZY!!!!! But really there are a lot of good heads out there. The Muzzy has never let me down though.

BTW, when are we going?

gtaff

Banned
Trying to set something up next weekend at ocmulgee and if you wanted we would go this weekend. What grain broadhead. I was hoping you would respond to this randy

Randy

The old standard 100 gr. 3 blade has worked very well. I will say I have seen those pigs bend up the cut on contact heads.

Robk

I've used the 125 gr Muzzy's and the 100 grain expandable Hornet with good success. Shot placement is of course the the most important thing.

Rob

Limbshaker

GONetwork Member
No expandable for me.....I tracked an eight point that had been shot with one in the kill area....it had never opened up..manufacturer said that the impact point was at too much of an angle..........but I downed a boar with a "10 Point"....100 grain Spitfire broadhead at 32 steps......didn't have to track the Boar as far as I did the Buck. It might have been a fluke but I don't trust expandables anymore.
HHH

Robk

BEARDGITTER said:
No expandable for me.....I tracked an eight point that had been shot with one in the kill area....it had never opened up..manufacturer said that the impact point was at too much of an angle..........but I downed a boar with a "10 Point"....100 grain Spitfire broadhead at 32 steps......didn't have to track the Boar as far as I did the Buck. It might have been a fluke but I don't trust expandables anymore.
HHH

Never had that problem but i do nearly all of my bow hunting from the ground. everytime I go out I check to make sure all of my retaining bands are not all the way forward on the blades and that all blades open freely.

I've taken pigs thru the neck and in the lungs with the expandables and never lost one yet.

Limbshaker

GONetwork Member
10-4.....mine was probably a one time bad experience
HHH

flat foot

Shot three Hogs and two eight pointers,With the N.A.P spitfire xp Pro's. 1.5 inch cutting radious. every animal accept one died within sight. I will shoot Muzzy's again for the next year. I have 13 each, 125 gr 3 blade laying around so I will use them up before buying any more. The N.A.P have a cut on contact tip I only had one not pass through. The first hog I shot the mechincal whent through the armor plates on the shoulders, both shoulder blades and cut through four ribs total before exiting. I think there awesome but at $36 for three. I will use the Muzzy's up then go back. The 1.5 cutting radious sure does make tracking easy, I never had to bend over to find blood. Have fun and good luck. Let us know how you do.