Blythe Island and buying shrimp?

zaraspook04

Hey Guys,

What's your opinion about putting in a boat at Blythe Island? From the seach I did on here, it looks as if it is a good place to put in and good fishing.

I'll be coming over from Waycross. Where is a place to buy shrimp between here and there?

Thanks for the input!!!

wharfrat

The ramp is closed at Blythe Island, but the hoist is working. Blythe Island has shrimp most of the time, but you may want to call ahead. If not, Jones' has shrimp, 2 miles east of the park entrance across the bridge.

zaraspook04

Thanks Wharfrat!!

I have a 17ft aluminum tracker. Will there be a problem with it being an aluminum boat?

Also, will either place have any tackle like the pop n corks, etc? If not, is there a place between Waycross and there?

wharfrat

walmart for corks and such. don't know if the tracker is hoistable, but there are 2 ramps close by. google ramps in glynn co. Try South Brunswick River ramp (page 11) or Blythe Island Beach Drive Ramp (page 6).

Attachments

• Places_to_launch_your_boat_in_coastal_Georgia.pdf
    443.1 KB · Views: 691

zaraspook04

I see on a map I found last night there is South Brunswick River Ramp.

Man those are some nice fish you "netted" for Michelle.!!!!Where did you put in at?

I attached the map I found last night.

Last edited:

BriarPatch99

What about the bait place in Waynesville on the North side of Cord. Z.?? Big galvanized building just off the road.

The place at Waynesville is called Daryls, I normally stopp there on the way normally several choices for bait and assorted tackle. Always have treated me really nice.

zaraspook04

Thanks Briarpatch99 and Flat-broke.

Would you happen to know when they open?

My plans are to head over early in the morning.

HuntNTails

Thanks Briarpatch99 and Flat-broke.

Would you happen to know when they open?

My plans are to head over early in the morning.

Daryl's should be open before daylight. We stop there most of the time on the way down to get shrimp. I would think that most bait places will be open at 6 am or a little earlier for the early birds. I don't know about Blythe Island Regional Park. I would think they open early but can't remember if they change hrs during the winter season.

Jekyll Island has a nice boat ramp which is on the backside of Jekyll, . You just have to pay $5 to get on the island. Just depends on the area you want to fish.