Few Old Friends

beaulesye10

I took a new job this year and have been working like crazy, finally got around to pulling cards this past weekend. I jumped a really nice buck going in to pull cards and after reviewing them it sure was a nice surprise to see some nice deer again this year. Most were old favorites that I had not seen in a few years. Enjoy the picture I know I did.

The first picture is from 2012 I called this deer CrissCross because his horns crossed in the front. I have a nice arrow in a tree where I just couldn't help but take a shot at him after snort wheezing him into bow range...Was very glad I missed after the fact because he was a little young. Never got a picture of him last year but you can see he added some size for sure!.

Here is two pictures of him this year. Probably number one on my hit list just because of the history, and I really love the crossed beams.

This is a deer I let walk two years ago we called him the palmatted nine, I was actually in the stand watching him the morning this picture was taken. I just didn't want to use my last tag on him, I didn't think he was big enough. Never got a picture of him last year or saw him. My dad was not pleased with my decision to let him walk, but I think I made the right one.

I think this is him again this year with the same palmation on his left side and no brow tines again. Dad doesn't want him to get a pass this time around, but I'm still undecided.

This deer I have a little history with vicariously, a family friend who hunts a few thousand yards from me snatched a shot with his smokepole in 2012 and shot this deer in the face. He said he got plenty of picture of the deer throughout the season with his tongue hanging out. I got two pictures of him last year before bow season but never got another picture or saw him. Here is the picture from last year.

Here he is this year... And he is now a droptine nine! My father really likes him and is trying to lay claim. I'm on the fence about letting him walk one more year but who knows. I will say it would be an interesting mount with a tongue hanging out.

Then as always you have to post the cull buck... I'd shoot him for his uniqueness even if he wasn't a cull buck on our club. May be a contender in the spike contests? May have to get a ruling from the judges on his legality.

Sure will get you excited to climb in a tree with a wooden bow!

dpoole

Nice deer good luck this season.

Todd Cook

You're much more disciplined than me to pass those. I would be letting the wood fly myself! Nice bucks.

beaulesye10

The one looking away with from the camera.

Most recent was the 18th he looked basically the same, still hasn't started to drop velvet. I think he is the one I jumped going in.. drop time is still there just hope it holds up till go time... He is the only one out of the group that I did not get a day time picture of though...