Bloody scouting trip...

robert carter

Thanks guys. I was using an old Ace standard. I have a whole lot of broadheads and they all work when sharp and in the right place. I don`t do a lot of thinking on broadheads. I do have some Badgers waiting on deer season.
There was a deep slough to the left of the pigs and I fell off in it and snuck up next to them to about 10 yards then they came to me. I was lucky to keep a good wind for the few minutes I was close to them.
those chiggers don`t play. Deet around the socks and pants leg as well as the waist line keeps them at bay. RC

Munkywrench

That's just awesome Mr. Carter. I hope I'm hunting like you when I grow up. Thanks for another great story, you have a knack for putting us right ther with ya. Of course, you get a lot of practice.

Oldfella, I used a product called "jungle juice" to keep the flesh eating disease carrying sand fleas off in Iraq. It's like 98% deet. You may shorten your life by a few years per application, but it's only the bad ones... Hope your feelin better, I'm recovering from a seed tick bombardment myself.

Munkywrench

That's just awesome Mr. Carter. I hope I'm hunting like you when I grow up. Thanks for another great story, you have a knack for putting us right ther with ya. Of course, you get a lot of practice.

Oldfella, I used a product called "jungle juice" to keep the flesh eating disease carrying sand fleas off in Iraq. It's like 98% deet. You may shorten your life by a few years per application, but it's only the bad ones... Hope your feelin better, I'm recovering from a seed tick bombardment myself.

Jeff Raines

Concerning muscadines-I know of a place where there are dozens of vines growing.Some vines are loaded and just a few feet away will be a vine with nothing.

Robert Warnock

That's a big ol sow lots of good meat!!