Snake Boots

Mudfeather

Danner makes Cabelas boots for them..they are a fine wearing snake boot....I love mine and wore them every day during turkey season..

frankwright

I have never worn a pair and have been hunting in Georgia for 35 years and have only seen two venomous snakes and they were both in turkey season.
I hunted Meriweather for many years along with Upson,Talbot, Greene,Lamar and Pike.
I am always careful and always looking for snakes but never see any.
If I hunted the swamps of South Georgia or Texas I would probably buy a pair.

Bubbaforsure

Danner Pronghorns for me, hands down. I bought mine in 2009, and they are still comfortable, waterproof, quiet and in one piece. I cannot even made a good guess of how many miles I have on a pair. I will be sad when they give it up.
I am breaking in a pair of Lacrosse Adders this summer to use a back ups. I got these at a really good price a few months back. They are okay, but nothing compared to the Pronghorns.

X2....worth every penny....can't remember when I bought them...still going strong.. :banana:

Barry Duggan

I have never worn a pair and have been hunting in Georgia for 35 years and have only seen two venomous snakes and they were both in turkey season..

I bet a few have seen you.:bounce:

GLS

Classic Southern Gentleman
I've tried Rocky's and LaCrosse. Neither stayed waterproof through a season despite treating with Silicon spray as recommended. The LaCrosse aggravated plantar facitiis condition in my left foot despite arch supports. The Rockys don't. Probably try the Danner next.

kingfish

I wear boots and chaps while scouting. I am usually by myself and this year we got a lot of water. I have been very happy with Rocky's. They feel like walking around in tennis shoes. They work.

Hunting 4 Him

I had a pair of Rocky's that claimed they were waterproof. First chance I had to wear them I intentionally walked into ankle deep water to see how they did. Leaked within a minute or so.

ALwoodsman

I have never worn a pair and have been hunting in Georgia for 35 years and have only seen two venomous snakes and they were both in turkey season.
I hunted Meriweather for many years along with Upson,Talbot, Greene,Lamar and Pike.
I am always careful and always looking for snakes but never see any.
If I hunted the swamps of South Georgia or Texas I would probably buy a pair.

I have not worn a pair until this year. A couple of months ago while checking out some new hunting grounds I stepped within 4 inches of a coiled up canebreak rattler. A week later I had a new pair of snake boots......I had to buy a new pair of drawers too!:eek:

bbb6765

Thanks guys for all of the input. I've narrowed it down to Danners or La Crosse. I have used both of their products and have been very happy with both. Danner hiking boot is close to 15 years old and I still wear them! LaCrosse work boot just as good. I may give Cabelas brand a closer look if in fact they're made by Danner.

bbb6765

The Russell boots are nice, but to rich for my blood....they cost more than my hunting dues.

trial&error

cabella zip up boots are stiff. maybe one day I'll wear them enough to break them in. I can't wear them in the mountains.

1gr8bldr

My Rockys wear really good