Who's been bear scouting

H

Hammer Spank

I know where I will be the first two weekends..... As well as four of my s ga buddies. Anybody else going north?

Ill be in the same spot I killed one last year on the opener with the same bow. Black widow paII. 57 lbs at 29".

Skunkhound

I haven't done any scouting at all this year, but I remember the two spots I saw a healthy sow with three cubs last year at coopers creek.

H

Hammer Spank

Ain't that the truth? What elevation are the most white oaks producing acorns this year? I have not been up yet.

Theyve been loaded everywhere Ive been from 2200-3900 feet. Bears are spread out quite a bit this year.

Skunkhound

My knowledge of bear hunting is very limited. Last year Crispin(chenryiv) and I paid a visit to Stephen(teepee), and he have us some great tips as far as what elevation to head for(at the time), and some good spots to check out. Not only did I see the 4 bears I saw, but Crispen saw a different sow with a cub too. That's 10 bear sightings in a little over 24 hrs. Now that could be totally irrelevant a year later, and if there's no sign in these areas, I won't waste my time, but I figure they're some good places to start.

tee p

David, no doubt those are very good places to start, there is a lot more acorns this year but those places almost always hold bears.