Homemade Deer Attractant Reciepts

Leblcalr

OK deer season is fast approaching and would anyone have any inexpensive Deer Attractant Receipts to share with Woody's Gang?

lukejlabrecque

well corn works ok, but nothing and i say nothing works better than penut butter. you can take a can and spoon spread it about 4-7 feet off the ground on the bark of multiple trees in an area you like and wait and see, i also make large penut butter blocks (secret recipe). the deer tear them up. just last week i put them in a patch of woods when i went back a week later it almost looked as if hogs had torn the place up but not the case. the best part of it is that is smells so strong they can smell it miles away. if you don't belive me try it!!!!

Leblcalr

I have heard about peanutbutter and will probably try that this season. Do you put it just above where they can reach it or do you want the deer to be able to lick it?

MoeBirds

OK deer season is fast approaching and would anyone have any inexpensive Deer Attractant Receipts to share with Woody's Gang?

FYI, It is against the law in GA to bait deer using corn, peanut butter, and/or other attractants (excluding doe urine). Not sure what the regs are in LA.

Not following game laws in the state you are hunting can result in expensive fines.

My Grandfather taught me to
Hunt for fresh deer sign or a well used trail, hang a stand and sit with the wind in your favor, remain still,...and enjoy the show.
This sure fire technique for successful hunting has been used for generations.

Give it a try!!!

:cheers:

THREEJAYS

I also used to use blended white oak acorns and water, don't know how much it helped but it never hurt.Have also used blended muscedines w/same results

lukejlabrecque

you need to put it where they can get it, but to too easily. make them work for it. keeps them in the area longer and they will get use to being there, the smells ect. it will become part of there normal routine. as far as hunting over bait.... for those of you in ga as long as you don't put it out within 10 days of hunting on it, it's legal!

bigox911

I don't know if you have access to a crabapple tree...but I would get several hand fulls of those and boil them up with some sugar and molasses. Put that out in some sort of container.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
FYI, It is against the law in GA to bait deer using corn, peanut butter, and/or other attractants (excluding doe urine). Not sure what the regs are in LA.

Not following game laws in the state you are hunting can result in expensive fines.

My Grandfather taught me to
Hunt for fresh deer sign or a well used trail, hang a stand and sit with the wind in your favor, remain still,...and enjoy the show.
This sure fire technique for successful hunting has been used for generations.

Give it a try!!!

:cheers:

Ummmm... Against the law? As far as I know you can have any bait out all year round and have it out during the season as long as you are 200 yards away and it is out of sight?

woody10

thats the law and i read somewhere that they're tryin to pass a law where if you supplemental feed year-round you can hunt over bait .. that was in GON a few months back