Trophy Radishes

Swarm

The Oil Seed Radish in Sweet Spot is actually the variety Daikon. While it may be similar to Trophy Radishes, it is not the same.

Swarm

Gaswamp

good article

Gadget

Talks about feeding in Dec, but then says it dies on frost..........which is it.:huh:

Maybe just radishes to browse after frost?

Rip Steele

Talks about feeding in Dec, but then says it dies on frost..........which is it.:huh:

Maybe just radishes to browse after frost?

Plant in Oct. after frost kills the plant and deer will graze on them through the winter :huh:

Jhunt

Banned
From what I've heard, where similar things are planted in the north, it takes A LOT of cold weather to kill the greens, but once it does, they feed on the roots. I would imagine, down here, the greens will still be growing come Christmas.

Bigtalker

I don't know, but that guy in the picture in the article sure was U-G-L-Y! Why did they not pick someone a little better looking?!

Cobb and Cobb Seed Co. will have them in a couple weeks! Call (478) 348-4931 speak with Allison and she will fill you in. Or PM me with your number and I will call you and assist you in getting some .

EastALHunter

Rip....

Plant in Oct. after frost kills the plant and deer will graze on them through the winter :huh:

some plants will begin to rot in late winter and other will rot in spring as the temperature warms. It all depends upon moisture and soil temps. If it's 80 degrees in January for 2 weeks like we've seen and rainy - they'll be more that start to decay. Other parts of the field will take longer to start to decay. Bottom line is that once they decay - you are getting "free" fertilizer and great aeration.

crackerdave

I don't know anything,other than what was in the GON article.It looks like you can't go wrong planting these radishes.Good forage,and good for the soil,too.

Gadget

some plants will begin to rot in late winter and other will rot in spring as the temperature warms. It all depends upon moisture and soil temps. If it's 80 degrees in January for 2 weeks like we've seen and rainy - they'll be more that start to decay. Other parts of the field will take longer to start to decay. Bottom line is that once they decay - you are getting "free" fertilizer and great aeration.

Most all the brasicas I've ever planted last all through the winter in middle Ga and tend to die out when it starts to get hot in the spring. Most of the browsing takes places in the coldest months, Dec, Jan, Feb.