Is this string stretch ????

I bought a new hoyt charger and was practicing when I noticed the peep had turn , then my shot groups were still tight but were droping . So I adjusted my sights then after shooting a few more weeks the it started shooting low again but still have a nice tight group . Is this string stretch ?
thanks for any info

Brian from GA

Could very well be. Make a mark on each cam where the limb crosses the cam. Then if it does move the marks will be further from the limb or go under the limb. You can mark each side of a limb on the cam to create a bracket also.

You can also measure the axle to axle and brace height and see if it changes.

Take it to a dealer and check poundage.

All of the above can mean strings have stretched.

The only issue with entry level bows a lot of times is stock strings can be poor quality.

mikel m14

Yep string stretch since you have a new bow. The problem with some stock string & cables is that they will continually stretch and never settle in. That is why you see so many people get custom string & cable sets because of the higher quality hence very little stretching occurs.

Smackem

Also make sure your peep isnt moving.

Kris87

If the peep was moving, it would have to move down for your grouping to move down, and that's unlikely.

Could be string stretch, as the Charger doesn't get the top BCY strings from Hoyt. I'd look at the arrow rest and make sure everything is tight on that. Then I'd look at the loop, and make sure the serving isn't moving. That's a common culprit.