Best no till food plot?

lungbuster123

All I do is bowhunt so and I hunt in a thick area thats impossible to till up I was wondering whats the best no till food plot stuff that will attract deer year round? I know thats alot to ask for in a product but its really my only option...thanks yall

dhardegree

I'll let you know... I just planted some samples of Imperial Whitetails' "No Plow" and "Sweet Spot." All you need to do is clear the ground with round up or weed eater and rake. Seed and walk over area or drive over it with atv so seed and soil have good contact. Check out their website. You can get samples for free, just pay shipping. I ordered the double sample pack and planted all of them tonight. Can't wait to see the results.

Swarm

I think you mean secret spot, not sweet spot.

Sweet Spot will do well as a no plow when planted as you described also.

sullivanfire1

Sweetspot

This is Sweetspot hand thrown with 10-10-10 and drove over with ATV. 1 bag makes 1/4 acre, that is a lot of small plots.

Attachments

• Oliver 034.jpg
    Oliver 034.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 6,778

lungbuster123

That sweet spot looks good I think im going to have to try that...now another question whats the best time to plant it?

sullivanfire1

Sweetspot

That sweet spot looks good I think im going to have to try that...now another question whats the best time to plant it?

I would ask Swarm, my response would be right now, leave work and go plant !! Swarm will know if it is to late or okay to plant.

Good Luck :cool:

trailhunter

Just go buy some rape seed or turnips. Oats will come up okay, depending on how much dirt they can get to.

Swarm

I would tend to think it's too late to plant Sweet Spot but I'm all the way up in Iowa so maybe someone more local could weigh in and confirm my thoughts.

Swarm

XJfire75

Early fall. After a decent rain. Rake, lime, then fert and plant. Run it over with ATV.