What Flies

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I have a 28 1/2" brown on my wall that came off a #14 Tellico nymph.

You'd have another one on there if you hadn't have been fishing a #6 stonefly nymph on a 6x tippet in that big hole behind the campground....::ke: :D

WMA Man

Its all over but the crying for me. Three days of chasing nothing but brookies and landed around 60 or so. Beautiful fish and beautiful scenery. First time in my life I've targeted them specifically.

And about the flies, I found out they'll eat pretty much any dry as long as you don't spook them, don't make ripples, don't line them, don't stand in the sun, don't hang in the bushes, don't get drag on your drift, and land your line and fly softly. Easy as that.

A couple months ago I robbed a hook off an old fly and tried to tie my own. Only fly I've made in my life. Don't know what it looks like or mimics but put in my box anyways not expecting to use it. Tied it on one morning just wanting to catch one fish on it just for the novelty of it and it turns out the fish couldn't resist it. Caught more fish on this one fly than any other. Turkey feather, fox hair, black thread and a drop of super glue.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
My uncle used to tell me: "Specks will hit anything you throw in the water, as long as you don't get close enough to the water to throw anything in it." :D

The mtn man

You'd have another one on there if you hadn't have been fishing a #6 stonefly nymph on a 6x tippet in that big hole behind the campground....::ke: :D

Haha, Yea I remember that.