keel guard question

cableguychris

i bought a Seahunt last year that already had a keel guard on it. i noticed this weekend that it has all but come off the boat. what is the best adhesive to use to reattach it?

Rabun

I had a Sea Pro that had a keel guard on it that the trailer kept creating a bulge in (the boats keel rode on a bunk and it kept putting a buldge in it and coming loose)...had to have it replaced once (apparently it peeled off while under way) and re-attached a second time before I reconfigured the trailer. For best results you need to take it off and clean any residual adhesive that is still left on your keel. I would go with the original keelguard adhesive. The adhesive they use is pretty aggressive....might want to Check with keelguard direct and see what they recommend to remove that stuff.
(info@keelguard.com). Last thing you want to do is use something that might damage the fiberglass. They do have a lifetime warranty which covered both of mine, but it only covers the original purchaser. BTW, I had a service guy replace mine because the boat needed to be lifted off of the trailer.

DAWG FAN

Mine was coming off and I simply applied 5200 and put C clamps on it to hold in place overnight. Problem solved and no further problems.

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
Keel guards are notorious for taking out props if they come off while under way.
Just saying.