St Simons Marina condition

Anyone have update on condition or photos of St Simons Marina fishing club by Epworth since Irma? I know they had just started repairs from Matthew damage!!

jfish

Marina is down supposed to open mid week. Docks suffered some more damage. Repairs should continue though. Water got into office and boathouse. Everything seems ok with them. Floated ice coolers and freezers around but yesterday they were back in place. Jimmy has worked hard. Let him know.

Sounds like it will recover and continue operations! That's good! I was worried it may have totally gotten all of the docks. Amazing if they are trying to reopen this week.

Scallen

It's all good

We just got back home from there. Everything in dry storage is fine - although with some extra leaves and such in the boats. The docks got tweeked a little, and now there are some trip hazards, but everything is marked with bright red paint. Looks like operations are back to normal. Saw the gas truck there today checking the tanks, but did not ask if there was fuel at the dock yet.

boatbuilder

We just got back home from there. Everything in dry storage is fine - although with some extra leaves and such in the boats. The docks got tweeked a little, and now there are some trip hazards, but everything is marked with bright red paint. Looks like operations are back to normal. Saw the gas truck there today checking the tanks, but did not ask if there was fuel at the dock yet.

Are you talking about the rich folks marina south of the causeway or the marina north of the causeway by epworth?

Scallen

LOL...well, I am certainly not rich at $40,000 a year to support 2, but no longer having a mortgage lets me pay dry storage fees. So, yeah, I guess I am talking about us snooty rich folks at Morningstar Golden Isles, on the causeway.